Saturday, June 26, 2021

My Sweet Mama's Memory Garden ~

 
This past Mother's Day, my dad took mama shopping.
She wanted a limelight hydrangea.
They had one in the mountains where they moved from
and wanted one for our new home.
Well, when she saw the price she said NO...they are too expensive!

Mama passed away on May 17th and so many friends and family
wanted to give gifts or flowers.
I happened to mention this story on Facebook and guess what?
We received FOUR!

They brought a few baby Japanese maples down from Hiawassee
in pots and dad had been watering them since February.

He chose one of those to plant in the very center.
We will continue to add to her garden but I think
it's a beautiful start!

I know in my heart that she just loves it.




















These two had 61 years of love and memories together.
They truly were such a blessing to each other!

Hugs and love always,
Dawn

5 comments:

Mary W said...

What kind and warm eyes and smile she had - still does when I saw your face. A memory garden is a beautiful way to celebrate a life and I have been blessed with your post today. Thank you. I also believe she is thanking you and your father for this memorial.

The Shabby Hippie said...

I am sure she is smiling at you and your dad. What a beautiful thing to do!

Mary said...

Such wonderful news that the hydrangeas are being planted - your dear mother will live on in the garden surrounded by things she loved.
A beautiful couple - especially love the wedding photo! May your dad stay well, and all that gardening I know will keep him busy and moving about which is good!
Mary x

Jan J. said...

What a lovely way to be remembered. I have always loved the idea of memory gardens. Such a blessing to have 61 years with the one you love.

ByLightOfMoon said...

Just Beautiful! Blessings, Cyndi/frstyfrolk/ByLightOfMoon


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...