Friday, June 25, 2021

My precious mother ~

 






It has been two months since my last post.
Seems as though we have had one trouble after the next!
But all the septic issues were solved.
We purchased a brand new air conditioner so now we are cool.

My precious mama asked my husband and I after all of this,
do you love it here in our new home?
We both agreed that we LOVE our new house and are so very happy!

It was a short two weeks later that my mom had to go to the emergency room
for shortness of breath and terrible swelling of her legs and ankles.
That was a Friday afternoon and by Monday afternoon mama had passed away.

Little did we know that her oxygen levels were off. The swelling was a sign.
They took off the fluid but it didn't work. Her organs were failing.

The beautiful thing about my precious mama was this was all her plan.
And the Lord's plan as well.
She approached Dennis and I and said, Let's buy a house together!
We loved the idea and went for it!
She was worried about my dad and
knew in her heart that she was declining.

That was my mama.
She knew what she wanted and well, it got done!
She adored her family and her husband so very much.
We are all still trying to live our lives without her
but she's always on our mind.

I'm so very thankful and honored to take care of my daddy...
And that we had a few short months of living in our new home together.
We have good days and bad days,
she is always on our mind.
When you love much, you grieve much.
I still can't even believe it.

I love you precious mama and will see you again in Heaven.



hugs and love,
Dawn


9 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Dearest Dawn:
I know your Mama is happy that her plans came to fruition. She's watching over you, and is really only a heartbeat away. Remember, dear friend, that Love Never Dies. She'll be waiting for you - and all her loved ones - when God calls you all home.
Sending love and hugs to you and your family as your grieve her passing.
xoxo
Donna

Just this... Alice said...

Sending my heartfelt condolences to you and your family for your loss.

Mom said...

I am so sorry for your loss and send healing prayers to all of you. May all of your good memories sustain you at this difficult time and always. Gd bless.

Mary said...

Such sad news dear Dawn - your mother was such a beautiful lady and I know you will all miss her so much. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, your dad, and your entire family at this time. Remember the wonderful years you shared together, she would want that I'm sure.
Mary x

Charleen said...

I am new to your blog. Just want to send my condolences . I tis hard to go through.One of my favorite scriptures is Jeremiah29:11. I feel your moving into the new home,was a part of that plan. God Bless all of you

Judi Hunziker said...

I am truly sorry for your loss Dawn, it is so hard to loose a parent. I think you are correct, your Mother indeed had a plan to reunite everyone for a few precious months. Prayers to you and your family in your time of sorrow,♥

Ian's Girl said...

God bless and keep you all as you navigate life without her. My Daddy died 20 years ago, and I still reach for the phone now and then to call him....you never really get used to them being gone, but it does get easier. Especially knowing that she is experiencing joy beyond anything we can imagine!

Jan J. said...

I'm so sorry for your great loss. What a wonderful way she took care of your dad. It would have been a hard time for him to have to transition to a new living situation after she passed. Now he is already settled in your home. God bless you all.

ByLightOfMoon said...

So Sorry to hear this Dawn,
At least she did not suffer long and went fast. Be grateful with your memories together and the life she gave you. No one can take away your memories! Cherish them! Blessings, Cyndi


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...