Monday, May 11, 2015

In my little corner of the world ~






I so hope you had a beautiful Mother's Day weekend!
I had a wonderful time celebrating at my sister-in-law's house
and we were even able to go swimming it was so warm.

All of our boys were there except our oldest Brent, Emily and
our grandbabies Clara and Murray.
They went to Emily's father's wedding in Florida and
Clara was the flower girl. She was so excited ~
Brent shared a few photos with me...
just look at our precious grandchildren!














Another wonderful thing going on around here is that this old farmhouse
got a fresh coat of paint and looks so beautiful!!
Even the metal roof is now sparkly silver!



Rockers on the ready for sweet tea in the evenings...





And guess what? I'm actually managing to keep my succulents alive!
I had to move them off the porch for a few days while it was being painted
and took this photo to share ~




And lastly, I finished two more treasure organizers for a couple of my friends.
By the time they are finished they ending up being really heavy!





I gathered a few goodies from around my studio
and stuffed them into the pockets
to show you how they look when full of keepsakes and treasures.



It's amazing what you can create using a simple drop cloth and old lace!

Wishing you a beautiful Monday dear friends ~

hugs and love,
Dawn





4 comments:

Dorthe said...

Such wonderful photoes of the beautiful grandkids, dearest Dawn. Clara is such a beauty , and I think prince charming takes after his sweet mother .
Your wonderful home is like starting seing a beautiful movie , sharing the story of love and happy living, and your fantastic organizers just gorgeous.
Thank you for you being out there somewhere, I`m happy you are still my friend after all these years !!
Love you,
Dorthe xoxo

Marlynne said...

Lovely! I especially like the 2 bird lace pieces at the top!

Vee said...

Oh the farmhouse looks beautiful! Hope that you continue to enjoy a beautfiul spring and happy summer sipping sweet tea on the porch. Your grands always make me smile and I enjoyed catching a glimpse of Emily, too. Your creations are always so beautiful. I was wandering about Pinterest today and kept bumping into this or that one so came over myself to say hello.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What precious family photos and I LOVE the organizers you made! Did you follow a pattern or just make it up yourself! They are such fun and would be handy to have! Sweet hugs, Diane


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...