Thursday, August 11, 2016

These truly are the good ol' days!


Seems the older I get the more I realize
that the here and now,
the gatherings with loved ones and
the moments we all share together,
truly are times that should be treasured!
We need to cherish each and every moment
with our family and friends.

I found this gorgeous old painting the other day
and knew you would love it!
Artist: Sir John Everett Milais





It's been a while since I've received a gift in the mail but
last week, a box was delivered to my door and I was totally surprised!

Months ago a blog friend/reader emailed me wanting my address
that she was de-stashing and cleaning out everything and would
I like a few of her old laces and things. Why, OF COURSE!!!

I had forgotten all about this and when I opened the package,
I could not believe the beautiful gifts tucked inside!!!

The gorgeous embroidered net lace at the top center of the photo below
was her pram cover when she was a baby!!!

She told me she had no one to leave these things to and
knew I would appreciate it all.

Dear sweet Gina, I love it ALL!!! I've displayed the pram cover
in my studio, hung up the baby dress and coat...so I can enjoy them
each and every day! Thank you for your precious gifts, I'm so very honored!










And speaking of precious times with friends and family,
last weekend we had the most fun
at my son David and Heather's gender reveal party!!!
They are expecting a little boy!!!
His precious name is going to be Owen,
I cried the minute they told us that.
Another dear grandson!!!
She's due January 7th and it seems like the time is whizzing by!





Thank you always for stopping by to see what I'm up to!!!

Hugs and love,
Dawn




9 comments:

rush said...

What a precious gift from your friend!

And, congratulations on being a grandma again!

Just this... Alice said...

Lovely gift from your friend! Congratulations on another blessing of having a grandson.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a wonderful gift of sweet treasures from your friend.

Congrats to all on the upcoming birth of your little grandson, Owen.

Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

Pat S. in Lebanon said...

Congratulations on the new grandson.
I think many of us struggle with stash reduction; especially if our
children have no interest in inheriting the things that have meant so much
to us. What a lovely way to deal with this situation.

Marlynne said...

Congratulations on that new baby comin to love!

20 North Ora said...

Congratulations on the new grandbaby coming soon. They make life so wonderful! Love all of the gifts you received!! Vintage things like that just make my heart beat faster. What a sweet friend.

Judy

marda said...

Congratulations on the new grandson to be. What a wonderful stash of vintage lace etc. How thoughtful of you new found friend.

Roosterhead Designs said...

Marvelous new about the new baby boy Dawn! Congratulations~
And the linens and laces are indeed a beautiful and generous gift!
She has blessed you with gorgeous treasures~ I know you must be thrilled. What a sweet spirit she is!
Have a nice week, Karen O

Josephine's Girl said...

The girl in the painting looks like my daughter when she was little. Heartwarming.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...