Friday, October 24, 2014

A few little goodies in the works!










I promise, I have been busy...just not very busy blogging!
It seems that about this time every year I end up making some of these little guys,
my sweet snowman ornaments.

I just love them, they make me smile ~
I should have several finished and in my Etsy shop by the first of the week.
If you want to make one of your own,
I sell the tutorial with photographed instructions in the shop too!!



The above photo is just the first stage...they'll eventually look like this:



PLUS...I've created a pattern for a long, skinny stocking and have tested it out!
I'm going to add some wonderful antique laces and buttons to adorn the front.
So far, I'm really liking the shape of it....I just used muslin on the outside and the lining.
I would love for it to have an aged look when I'm finished ~ we'll see!!




I know it isn't even Halloween yet but I always start making these things
about this time of year because you and I both know,
we will blink and it will be Christmas!!!!
I'll be sure to share more photos as my projects develop too!


Thank you always for stopping by here to see what I'm up to ~
Wishing you a beautiful fall weekend dear friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

your snowman is adorable, you are so right, if we blink it will be Christmas!!!

Karen said...

Your snowman is none of my favorite things Dawn. I can't wait to see your finished stocking. I've learned the hard way that it's never to early to start Christmas projects.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I'd love to get one of your snowman ornaments this year, Dawn. I will have to remember to keep checking your shop. Love the stocking. I found making smaller, thinner ones a little more difficult mainly for turning, so I just did a few of those. I have already listed some Christmas stuff in my Etsy, too. I would rather get it in early than have it hanging around after!

Patty Antle said...

The snowman ornaments are adorable!

Theresa said...

Love that sweet little snowface:) Enjoy your weekend dear friend, HUGS!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

How Fun...just an adorable little Snowman...from humble beginnings. I cherish homemade anything. Can't wait to see the finished stocking. Have a great Sunday.

AppleApricot Wen said...

Thank you for the beautiful image Dawn. And your snowmen are so cute and beautiful!

marie said...

Love this little snow guys!!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...