Monday, July 2, 2012

Beautiful roses...wonderful finds!



The day before the yard sale weekend before last,
a sweet college friend came over for a sneak peek preview
and ended up visiting with us most of the evening...
we had the best time catching up!!!

Don't you love friends like that?
No matter how much time passes,
you always just pick right up where you left off ~
You may remember that she was so generous

Tammy owns her own flower shop, One Rose Florist in Jonesboro, GA
and showed up with a gorgeous bouquet of roses for me!!!
They were fading this past weekend so I clipped them off to dry...
I love them just as much now as I did when she gave them to me!!!
Appreciating the beauty at every stage....









I made a little trip to Michael's this weekend and found several treasures!
You know I have to share with you so here's a look....




In the jewelry section I found a whole new batch of Industrial Chic products and these
gorgeous Rhinestone looking pins had to come home with me!!!



Don't you love their dollar section??
I found these sweet Mary Engelbreit cards and this pen!
The pen ended up being only .01 cent!!!!!




Of course I had a 40% off coupon and applied it to this big ol' pack of Creative Paperclay ~
I've had the hankering for a LONG time to work on an art doll...
I'm still trying to muster the courage though!
I'm such a freak and don't want it to look like a hot mess ~



And FINALLY my Michael's had this perfect flesh color of Martha Stewart paint...
 


And I found the latest issue of Somerset Life...it is BEAUTIFUL!
So it came home with me too.



And the crazy thing? They already had some of the French General line on clearance
so I scooped up this wonderful ribbon...

 


Lisa gave me some French General fabric for my birthday a while back
so I thought the ribbon would look perfect with it!
Maybe for a few lavender sachets?



And lastly a new Etsy listing!
This piece didn't make it into the yard sale
because, well...
it's too pretty!!
Click HERE if you're interested ~






I always feel like I don't thank you ENOUGH.
For taking the time out of your busy day to visit me
and to see what I'm up to ~
Thank you so, so much!!!

Wishing you a beautiful Monday precious friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn








11 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Dawn isn't Michaels so much fun! I love all of the things that you found ~ I am ready to go browse there soon ~

Dorthe said...

Hello sweet friend,
You found wonderful things ,I would have been tempted by all of them,too- and am so lucky that I can order Somerset Life, and already have it here ,it truly is BEAUTIFUL .
I love your semi dried roses, what a colour, and the little vase is so lovely, dearest Dawn.
Love and hugs to you.
xx,Dorthe

Vicki said...

Looks like you have some beautiful things to keep you busy!

Vee said...

Oh now those buttons...I'd never know the difference between the new and the old. Just have fun with that paperclay...it'll be great, I know it!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great finds, Dawn! Your roses look so pretty. I was looking for some rhinestone looking buttons at Joann's, but they weren't on sale and I was using my coupon toward another item. I'll have to check out the jewelry section at Michael's next time. Have a great week!

Lisa said...

Hi sweets,
I love your haul! I didn't see the little pins you bought. Boy IC really did a great job on this new collection didn't they? I heard there is something you can buy to age new rhinestones, Lori told me about it. I might try to find it for all the new stuff I bought at Michaels. Can't wait to see what you do with the paper clay.
Lisa

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Hi Dawn and what amazing finds! I agree that the vase is too special for a yard sale. I didn't know you had an Etsy shop but now that I do I just marked it as a favorite! Gorgeous offerings by the way!
Have a glorious 4th and I can hardly wait to see that doll!!!
Tina xo

Anonymous said...

I love your dried roses! I had to smile with your Michael's goodies... as I did exactly the same thing this weekend and came home with similar finds. I couldn't believe the French General stuff on sale! Thanks for sharing... btw, have you checked out Petite Michelle Louise's blog lately - there's a surprise there for you!

At Home in English Valley said...

Hi Dawn, I saw Somerset Life at the bookstore and just paged through it. I cannot buy all the magazines I'd like to, but saw the technique to paint glass with food coloring and mod podge. I love seeing all the ways that people create, and sometimes just paging through is enough to inspire me. Needless to say, on the way home I stopped for a new jar of mod podge and look forward to trying it myself.
I wish our library had all the Somerset publications, since it's a splurge when I actually buy one...but sometimes you just gotta!!! Have a great Independence Day, dear friend...and thank you for your friendship and inspiration everyday. Love, Penny

Louise@ElsieMayandBertha said...

Unfortunately we not have Michael's in the UK so I am a little jealous of your lovely finds. We also don't have Somerset Life (well we do have one of that name but it's a different magazine) and I have seen various people mention it in their blogs. It looks an interesting read. It's lovely reading other people's blogs and seeing what there is elsewhere.

ByLightOfMoon said...

I made it to Michaels last week while I was back in AL for a Dr Visit and I got the same magazine. It makes my heart shine while looking through them, in fact, I also got the spring issue. I love their dollar isle and I forgot to look through the clearance, can you believe? Hubby in ca r so tried to hurry!

I got some paper punches and scrapbook paper. I love your roses, they are the Best color!
Smiles, Cyndi


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...