Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Time to tidy up!


So what are you up to this June day?
Me? Well, I'm just getting ready for a visit from my Mom and Dad....
They're dropping by for a quick visit, spending the night and then heading
back up to the North Georgia mountains where they live.

But I have to admit...when I've been making stuff...
I do just enough to get by around here!
I make sure everyone's fed  and that they have clean clothes...
but other than that...I'm in the zone...
lace and thread snippets are all over the studio floor!
And I just forget about the rest of the place....

So, it's time to clean up a little around here at the farmhouse...







I broke down and cut all of my hydrangea blooms.
In the past I've cut them late in the summer then placed them in a vase of water
and waited until the water evaporates, they will slowly dry and turned out beautiful.
But I couldn't wait.
They started to fade a bit...looking like they were on their way out
while they were still on the bush.
So, we'll see.
I love dried hydrangea blooms so much!!


Wishing you a beautiful Tuesday dear friends,
hugs and love
Dawn








13 comments:

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hello dear Dawn, Who cares if there is a bit more dust here and there. Creating is so much more fun than cleaning.
Thank you for the lovely images!
Have a great week :-)!
xoxo,
Julia

Maggie said...

Dawn, our hydrangeas haven't even started to bloom here in the unseasonably cool NW! It's crazy! We are so ready for summer.

Glad you liked my concrete leaf castings! They were fun to make :-)

-maggie

Kathryn J Cain said...

enjoy your folks...time with them is precious....

Dorthe said...

So wonderful for you to have your parents stay over for one night, dear Dawn. I can SOOO relate to the house not being cleaned TOO much when creating-and as I have to do that every day, well ...............
Like Julia said :Whom cares for about a bit of dust :-)
I wish you a very happy day with your deAR parents sweet friend,
and thankyou for the beautiful images. Much love and hugs.
Dorthe

Sandy said...

I am trying to tidy up too. My studio was left in a complete mess after I finished up a swap project. I have a pile of trash I am trying to turn into cool studio stash rather than toss it out. Enjoy your visit with your parents!

Theresa said...

I'm doing the tidy dance around my house also:) Have a blessed and productive week dear friend, HUGS!

Vee said...

Nothing like company coming to spur us to action! I need to invite some. ☺

That last picture by Jessie Willcox Smith is so adorable. I don't recall ever seeing it before. I'm snagging and thanking you!

Have a lovely visit with your parents...

Jane said...

Clean up goes faster when company's coming, doesn't it?! How wonderful to have this visit with your parents! Cherish that time even if the house isn't as tidy as you'd like.
Thank you for the lovely pictures!

Sandi said...

I LOVE that little girl graphic Dawn!! She is adorable!! I need to tidy up BAD, but haven't gotten around to it yet. lol.
Blessings~

Narah-Kimberly said...

haha! That's the way I am too. Just pick up here and there, throw in laundry as I go, but when company's coming, it's a big overhaul. Sometimes I ask people over just to get the motivation to clean. :)

Barbara Jean said...

love that top pic Dawn...and love you too. =)
blessings
barb

Createology said...

I can totally relate to the crafting instead of cleaning. I do what needs to be done for the time but the rest doesn't phase me a bit if it isn't done. Creativity cannot wait...
Happy visiting...
These images are precious and thank you for sharing them.

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

Sweet, sweet image...oh my gosh so love it.

Thank you, Rose


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...