Friday, June 8, 2012

The state of studio affairs ~


I've been in a bit of a cleaning mode but by the looks of these photos,
you might think NOT!

I've been going through my yummy supply stash,
tinkering with things...
cleaning things...
and then trying to put them away.
Then the big thing is
REMEMBERING
where I put them!!

Here's a pile that was on my big desk ~




See the luggage pocket below?
It started off a dark green color but I wanted to experiment with
my Rit color remover again and placed in a bowl of hot water with the
remover added...about five minutes later,
this is the beautiful color that happened!



Can you see with so many wonderful items to create with
how I can get side-tracked about what to use next???



A tiny box Lisa gave me last year....today was the day I scrubbed it up
and sanded it a bit....why now?
I don't know!



Unusual inside, right? No matter...I love it all the same.



Here's this stuff again but I found this precious calling card in an old book today!
Wonder how old it is...




Well, the small desk is slowly getting cleared.
These two frames have floated around the studio long enough,
I've got to get busy turning them into something new!



My sewing table is crammed full but relatively clean.
Can you tell I love stuff?



And here is the big desk again...see my new lamp to the left?
Our son Chase gave me a gift certificate to Hob Lob for Mother's Day
and I found it on clearance!
I have way too many tiny lights in here but I can't see worth a flip so
each and every one helps me ~



The ironing board is loaded up as usual but not that bad.




A stack of goodness by my little desk....
really amazing stuff to create with!

Now.
I just need to make up my mind,
exactly what do I want to use first?




Well, I'll finish cleaning and see what calls out to me most....
I'm still going to make a few more iPhone cases too but
just haven't gotten around to those yet either ~

Just keepin' it real and sharing the fact that,
yes, my name is Dawn....
and I am a hoarder...
of sweet treasures and
all things wonderfully old!!!

Happy Friday precious friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn





20 comments:

marda said...

Oh my goodness.. I can SO relate. My ironing board (one of them) finally got cleaned up and put away... NOT the one in my sewing room unfortunately. I had my other board out, pressing vintage linens (the white ones I put around for spring/summer.) The sewing room gets worked on tomorrow.. have projects that I'm now short on time getting done. Love your craft room.. and I do also like lots of stuff.. drives my hubby crazy!!!! But when I'm in the mood.. I don't want to have to go searching (outside my home) for something I may want to use. He doesn't get that either!!! Ha.
Happy creating.

Cyn said...

you are a brave woman! LOL..my "craftroom" looks the same..piles of this and that to organize, I keep thinking Karens blogging party is next month..I better get busy LOL.

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Ohhhh....how fun to see all of your wonderful treasures and dream about what they'll be transformed into in their next life.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

That unusual interior on that little wooden box is b/c it is a coin box - and the interior lends itself for easy pick up of coin.

You have so many wonderful treasures, my eyes were everywhere - what fun!!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Looking good, Dawn! I made a little headway on mine yesterday, too. My Etsy stuff is starting to take up too much room. How do you handle that? I have a huge pillow form that I either need to make a cover for or it has to go. You've got so much great stuff to choose from. Good idea to see what "speaks" to you once you've got everything in order. I started my creative journal yesterday, just jotting down ideas so I don't lose the thoughts.

Theresa said...

So much beauty all around you:) Love it that you can take the simplest of materials and create GORGEOUSNESS! Have a blessed weekend dear friend, HUGS!

Vee said...

Dawn, last evening I worked in my sewing room. I had to climb into it and out of it. I was not happy, but the urge to do something was greater than the urge to clean. I'm going to try it your way and see if I feel more energized. Yes, you do have lovely treasures!

One Shabby Old House said...

The way I look at it Dawn is that we aren't hoarders we are simply girls that should the earth decide to quake we just want to be buried in beautiful things! Dirt just won't do!
Hugs
Becky

Janet Ghio said...

What a treasure trove of items! I can relate to the cleaning and straightening and then not remembering where you put something!!

Rhonda said...

You are no hoarder but a collector of sweet treasures! I must try the Rit color remover, thank you for that tidbit. Your stacks delight the eye.

ByLightOfMoon said...

I adore your goodies and I listen to "The River" when on my porch too in North Carolina. I know these goodies will become greatness and you reuse them!

Smiles, Cyndi

Dorthe said...

Oh Dawn, even you think it is a mess and you have to clean your room,-- I THINK I IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE ,this sewing and craft room of yours.
All the wonderful materials, and beautiful pieces, you have to create with- --to happily watch, and touch, and things for your eyes to enjoy when working there!
My ironboard is alwayes filled to the brim ...yes I`m a hoarder,too, of lovely pieces I could maybe use, some day!!! LOL
Precious friend, I love visiting this tranquile and lovely place of yours. Thankyou for the view into this part of your life my dear.
Hugs and love,Dorthe

NanaDiana said...

Awwww...look at all those wonderful bits and pieces, Dawn. I don't think you are a hoarder- Hoarders don't KNOW they are hoarders! lol xo Diana

Tora´s Vintage Dream said...

I always LOVE to see photos of you´re workspace, you have such beautiful things to work with. Thanks for sharing these photos Dawn.

Rustique Gal said...

Dear Dawn, From one hoarder to another: you are doing a great job! Your studio is so sweet and crammed full of the best stuff to create with. I am now going through my storage room and WOW, I have too much junk. Going to open it up as a tag sale as soon as it is organized.
Keep on creating, dear, as you are one of my muses!
Hugs,
Sherry

Annette said...

Love seeing all your goodies, I think of us as gathers of treasures to be made and saving them from the trash bin. Only problem when I clean up it takes me forever to find what I need, but I still do the cleaning. Kind of like hide and seek. xo

Barbara Jean said...

Oh I soooo understand what you are talking about.......
I went in to sort the other day, and got sidetracked going through my old keys.
All so lovely in their own way....

Then it was laces....
well, you know. =)

And yes, I am with you, and have not decided which project to take on next..

Have a super Sunday.

blessings
barb

At Home in English Valley said...

Dear Dawn, I've said before how I would love to see your studio in person, so many treasures. I noticed a radio/stereo in there with you. I can't create without music. What do you listen to to inspire you? Just wondering... Love, Penny

Createology said...

Your treasures are each and every one of them fabulous. With your creative talents all will be transformed into keepsakes in due time. I adore your stacks of treasures. I can relate quite well. Happy organizing...

Romeo said...

No minimalist here either! Would you save me a seat next to you at the next hoarders anonymous meeting ;)

Hugs,

Deborah and Romeo

P.S. better get some of that stuff gone, you should see some of the things I've been digging up to sell at the show.....


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...