Monday, June 11, 2012

Some treasures are for keeps ~


I have a good many of those you know...
treasures that are too special to me to use ~
I buy them with good intentions but
alas, they are so precious
that I want to enjoy them just the way they are.


Here is a new scan for you!!!
I hope you don't mind, I had to give this
precious baby a teeny bit of blush and
just a touch of blue to the eyes....


For you to be able to save the LARGEST size of my images:

Right click on the image.
Left click "OPEN LINK IN NEW WINDOW"
Then....Left click the image AGAIN.....
you will now have the FULL SIZED IMAGE.
Now you can right click it to "save image as"
and save it to your own computer.





Here is a glimpse at a few of the treasures I'm speaking of ~
sorry about the dark photo, I took it late at night :)
Inside the jar is a pair of tiny children's socks, bits of lace and such ~



And I'm sure you remember these trims I found a while back...
still in their German packaging!
Some of the packaging is falling apart so I feel like I can use those but
some are still in great shape for their age and worthy of preserving.





So...do you remember these two frames?
They had old dried flowers inside, broken and
really too far gone to save.
The back was glass too but I removed it.
I'm making new backs for these two and plan on filling them both
with sewing treasures that I simply want to see, not use.
What I love about these two is that the front glass is convex domed glass!!



Here are a few of the beauties...
I have wonderful old spools of thread,
snippets of old lace that is to gorgeous to use...
so why not frame them all to enjoy in my studio??





Plus I'll add a few button cards that are old and beautiful as well...



I even want to pile the items in a bit at the bottom of the frame...
loose, just laying on one another ~
Maybe cover the back with simple, cream canvas so the items
will take center stage.

I truly love to see these wonderful things,
not tuck them away in a drawer or box.
They always make me smile...


Wishing you a wonderful Monday precious friends!
hugs and love,
Dawn




12 comments:

marda said...

What a wonderful idea. Don't you just love that convex glass in old picture frames. I have a couple of those myself. Have fun creating.

Dorthe said...

Treasure after treasure, dearest Dawn, and you are so right, they should be out to be seen.They will make the most beautiful picture in those old frames.
I love your ols button card and lace packets, such lovely collections,my precious friend.
Hugs and love,Dorthe

Simply Shelley said...

Treasures indeed...blessings on your week dear dawn.

Vee said...

The glass is domed? How cool is that for creating a treasure! I like the baby's soft pink cheeks and the touch of blue in his eyes.

Theresa said...

I have some of those too! I will pull them out, enjoy them and tuck them back for another day:) Have a blessed day dear Dawn, HUGS!

NanaDiana said...

Great idea! I,too, have so many things tucked away that are "too good to use". I am trying to cure that sickness....so far, it is NOT working- xo Diana

Unknown said...

they'll be gorgeous on display in those frames! what a lovely collection! "merci" for the sweet photograph too dear dawn! ;0

Jane said...

Lots of pretty treasures!

Lady of the Woods said...

It is amazing to me how some people find beauty in things others don't see, like me at times :D, and make it into another thing of great and obvious beauty! I LOVE THAT~

Elderberry Dreams said...

ok, so I have a 3 word comment about your gorgeous vintage collection:

oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!



I just love walking around with you as you show and tell ♥

Romeo said...

Ah, so I'm not the only one, eh? However, you came up with a grand idea for displaying those items!!! I just have mine in jars or bowls - not so original but I love them and like you I LOVE to look at them! They are so inspiring!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,

"Her" and Romeo

Createology said...

Yes definitely I understand the need to keep treasures. Your framed pieces will be stunning and ever so inspiring to see them every day. Blissful...


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...