Saturday, January 16, 2010

A rainy, junky day!

First, a sweet, chubby bird for you!!!
I found it in a very old book and cleaned it up in Photoshop ~





Well, we've done it again!!!
Not really me, I'm quite innocent (as always :)
but Dennis has rented a small space at an antique mall!!!
We both love Antique Griffin and Phyllis who runs it ~
plus it's just a couple of minutes from where
he works so it will be super convenient!
And of course, I have to get involved because I just love all things old....
so today we headed out in the rainy weather and went junkin' ~

We found some wonderful things and of course,
I found a few goodies for me too.
We were in an antique mall, which wasn't very junky at all,
and we came across these two spaces
that were the the same dealer
and I just had to take some photos for you!!






Click on the photos so you can see more detail ~











Neat, huh? We had the best time ~ even Noah came along and had fun!
So I've been cleaning and removing gummy stuff from things where
the tag doesn't peel off well, getting it ready for the space ~
I'll be sure to take some photos of the goodies we found too!



Have you had a chance to sign up for Artist Class yet?
It starts in just a few weeks!!
What I love about being involved in Artist Class
is that there is such a variety of projects offered.
Plus if you've never tried creating a different
type of artwork, there will be step-by-step photos for you to follow....
Just click HERE if you're interested and
type in thefeatherednest for 10.00 off the price!


Wishing you a very restful Sunday dear friends ~
hugs and love,
Dawn

21 comments:

Sonya Badgley said...

Hi Dawn-Thank you for sharing the pictures. I just love it all! I want to go there! I can't wait to see what you're going to do and what you bought.:0)Have a blessed Sunday too. ~Sonya

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

What a creative and interesting space....definitely would have caught my eye too! I used to stop in Griffin on my way to Atlanta a few years back, and as I recall, there were several antique malls and shops. Best wishes on your new adventure, and looking forward to pics of your stuff and space!
Susie

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

I love the cotton branches in the basket albeit a short lasting display in my home because of the cats...
Looking forward to a glimpse of your goodies.
Enjoy your Sunday too.
Susan

Lori said...

Dawn, i can't wait to see what you two come up with for the booth!!!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I see some things I wouldn't mind bringing home! Love the bird bath and the movie reels.

Ragamuffin Gal said...

I so want to come! What beautiful arrangements! Plus having a husband that likes Flea Markets ~ WoW! You have hit the jackpot gal! Blessings!

Scrap for Joy said...

What wonderful treasures to be found here-the hairs on the back of my neck stood up when I saw the dress form. Some day! The little birdie is so sweet. Joyce

Theory said...

Dawn, You are so lucky to have a husband who like this stuff....can't wait to see what will be in the space you two have. Rest up and enjoy the day. Love, Theory

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Wonderful, but then that is to be expected from you and your fabulous taste! Good luck, I know it will be a "favorite" of many shoppers. xoxo Lidy

Anonymous said...

Oh, Dawn, I'm afraid it's an incurable condition!
It gets in the blood and you're stuck with it for life! ;-)
Diane

Wildflowerhouse said...

Dawn what a fun day you had. I love the things in the booth you photographed. Can't wait to see pictures of yours.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How exciting! I'm wishing you the best with your new venture! I would probably buy you out if I got to stop by and shop! ♥

Dorthe said...

Hi sweet,
What a wonderfull husbond to have, wow,
a new adventure, -I will look forward seing the space,after you two have been setting it up,--congratulations, and best luck.
--Love lots of the stuff schown here,-so many wonderfull things.
Wishing you good wind,my dear, and have a wonderfull sunday evening.

Love and hugs
Dorthe

ByLightOfMoon said...

I love the junkin' malls also. I have had a spaces in the past and need to find one again. I think I have learned a little bit about how to sell better but I was losing money or just breaking even so I moved out of them only to regret it now.

What would I grab from those booths? Oh so hard to decide! Maybe the dress form if not too expensive as it doesn't look that old. Or, the birdbath, I just found one in a rock pile so I really could get something else as I have two, but I know you can never have enough for the birds. Definitely the dog and bobbin spool, also a couple of gourds. In fact, I wrote about my rock collecting today on my blog!
Smile, Cyndi

Kim from The Sheep's Nest said...

What fun to be starting a new adventure! I look forward to seeing your space, if only by pictures! hugs,Kim

Unknown said...

What fabulous booths...LOVE that person's style!!! How fun that you will be renting a space of your own!!!

I love that little bird image too!

Happy Sunday Dawn ~

:) T

Rustique Gal said...

Dawn, what wonderful booths at that shop. I think you will do great in yours! I love your style!
Sherry

Anne Lorys said...

How exciting! I cannot wait to see the photos of your finished space! I just know it'll be spectacular.

Are you going to be able to sell your artistic creations there, too?

Anne

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

Hey Dawn,,,,,exciting news.....oh what treasures I am spying!!!!
xojanis

Sammy Girl said...

Hi, Dawn!
Oooo ... a new adventure for 2010. You are gettin' so busy gal! What with the artist class ... always adding new tutorials ... creating your beautiful work and submitting to magazines ... projects around your lovely home ... and now a space at the antique mall.
Certainly no moss growing around YOU, sweetie!
Hugs and HAPPY ADVENTURE!
Betty :)

Journal Swag said...

Very beautiful pictures, Dawn! Oh, and I -love- the chubby little bird. It reminds me of being with my Grandma when I was little! (Thanks for the memories)! Your hubby -likes- antiques and to go junking?? Holy cow! If that is catchy for husbands, please send the virus my way!

Hugs,
Sheila


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...