Wednesday, April 2, 2014

To embellish ~



: to heighten the attractiveness of by adding decorative or fanciful details.

Well, after seeing my sweet lavender sachets
sit in my Etsy shop for a few weeks,
that is EXACTLY what I did!!!
I embellished them even more!

I had to add a vintage watch face with pearl
to the very center...I love them!
AND
I added the last of some gorgeous lace I had
to the edges.

Take a peek in my shop if you are interested!!







Plus, I have to share the neatest thing ~
I've been cleaning up a bit for spring and hosed down our front porch,
cleaned out the planters, bleached the railings and
swept all the winter debris away.

Monday evening it was pristine and ready for some goodness.
Well, after lunch I finally went outside and this is what I find
on one of the small shelves at the end of our porch!
(That was CLEAN the evening before)




A precious bird's nest!!!!

Well, tonight I'm leaving out a plate of cut threads and lace from
beside my sewing machine ~ do you think the bird will use them??
I'll be sure to let you know!



Spring has definitely arrived here in Georgia this week!!!
Temps have been in the high seventies and
everything is SO GREEN!!!

Wishing you a beautiful April Wednesday precious friends,
hugs and love,Dawn






7 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Hi sweet Dawn!

Oh I love your extra embellishments on your absolutely fabulous to-die-for lav sachets! Beautiful, lady!!

I squealed with delight that you left out pretties for the birdies to embellish THEIR nests, too!

I leave out drier lint, too - fluff away, finches! : - )

God bless - sorry I have been so MIA, life got in the way there fer a bit but (hopefully) I am semi back! Hugs!

Tamara said...

Your new embellishments are very pretty! What a sweet little bird nest and some little bird is going to feel so special adorning their nest with your lovely laces. What an awesome idea.

Blessings,
Tamara

Vee said...

Those little scampers! They built themselves a nest in the cleanest, cutest place they could find. What fun for you! And I hope that they use the fancy stuff, too.

I can hardly believe that those darling sachets sat in the store untaken for that long. I adore mine!

Doni said...

How beautiful Dawn!!
And oh how I hope your sweet birds use the laces and threads for their nests!! Can you imagine how cute that would be??? Great idea! My birdies are busy too, and I've sooooo enjoyed sitting out and watching them. I even have a bluebird couple near our house!!!
Hope they like their pictures taken!
Thanks for sharing your pretties!
Doni

Nancy said...

Well every Spring I fill an old Bird Suet Holder with Yarn Scraps from the Winter crocheting I do, and my Birds just pick away at them. Every now then I see some in our Arbor Verde, but never on the ground beneath the hanging holder~

Tour Birds are going to Love their Pretty Nests!

Huggs, Nancy

Theresa said...

So pretty! I agree. Spring is finally with us. Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs.

Deborah Montgomery said...

the pillows are so pretty, I will have to check them out! So funny about the lace scraps, I just did a post about putting out yarn scraps for the birds. It's that time of year!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...