Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Sweetness . . .




Have you ever seen something so precious as this little girl? The name of this painting is "Les Prunes"
by the french painter William Adolfe Bouguereau. I am in love with his painting style. Such softness.
Here's another sweet child painting
"La Reverence"




A quote of his states:

"Each day I go to my studio full of joy; in the evening when obliged to stop because of darkness I can scarcely wait for the morning to come... if I cannot give myself to my dear painting I am miserable."

I love it!

11 comments:

Akelamalu said...

They are both so 'sweet'. I love the fact that they have bare feet.

Cape Cod Washashore said...

I love that style of painting, too! He seems to have captured the espressions much in the same way as Renoir. Thank you for sharing!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I just found your blog! I love his style of painting...the girls are always so sweet, but not overly so.

I just started blogging, this is addicting!

Lidy
littlefrenchgardenhouse

Queenie said...

I look at pictures of my great- grandparents as children, they always apeared so much sweeter then...

Gypsy Purple said...

Oooh, this is beautifull....such soft colours and great style

Tracey said...

Those are lovely portraits! Truly captures the innocense that should be childhood...

R* said...

Beautiful paintings! The girls in them are so adorable. I love your collages in your previous post also!

Carrie said...

Such beautiful paintings :) I just looked at the blog for your antique shop and it's delightful... I'll be checking back to see if there is anything I need! I love all the little dog figures... so cute! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

His paintings speak to me, aren't they amazing. I love his one with the Virgin and Christ child best, the one that is nearly all is white tones.

kansasrose said...

This is so beautiful!

lindaharre said...

I can sure relate to that quote....although I am not capable of what he has done! What a master of the paint:)


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...