Sunday, November 19, 2017

A whimsical fairy house ~






A few weeks ago I was commissioned by a dear friend of mine
to transform a simple night light into a woodland fairy house!
Creating these is so much fun because you can gather elements
from your yard and even buy some neat things at craft stores.

The house started off solid white with some type of sheer fabric
glued into the openings to soften the small light that inserts into the back.
I removed it all.
The sheer material was backed with acetate I imagine for safety's sake
with their being a bulb inside.

Next I spray painted a dark brown to have a more woodsy background.

Then I found an amazing image online of the inside of a fairy house
someone had made, sized it appropriately and printed it out onto vellum.
I also had acetate sheets and cut them to size for each opening as well.
After I glued all the sheets on each window it was time for embellishing!

What I started with:


After it had been spray painted and images glued inside ~
You can see my stash of supplies I had to pull from!



The first thing I worked on was the moss around the base of the roof.
Next I made a "stone" fireplace using little pebbles and moss as well.



I had this incredible thick paper with straw and fibers that I used to cover the sides.
This added such a great contrast to the dark brown!
I cut sticks to wedge onto each corner and then
continued to add feathers, moss and small woodcuts around the base.











The finished fairy house ~
I so hope my customer is pleased and
I think I may need to make more of these!!!



Thank you always for stopping by to see what I'm up to!!!

Hugs and love,
Dawn

7 comments:

The Junque Seeker said...

That little cottage is amazing, Dawn! Every little detail looks perfect.

Mom said...

This is absolutely precious and so much detail! What beautiful work you do. Any idea where one can purchase the night light that you started with? I would LOVE to try something similar. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

Karen B. said...

OMG ... look at you girlfriend, being all creative again and making such a beautiful piece! So happy you are sharing it here in blogland again!
Hugs,
Karen B.

Jackie PN said...

Absolutely enchanting Dawn!!!
Such a magical transformation! I just all of the tiny details you used on this woodland creation! How fun to be the faerie that lives here!
hugs,Jackie

Nancy said...

This turned out Amazing!! I personally would Love it if you created and sold the Vellum sheets you created, those I would love to buy. Your talents Dawn never cease to amaze me!!

robin dudley-howes said...

Dawn this is so beautiful and sweet! No detail was left out! I love it!

susan hemann said...

wonderful Dawn!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...