Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Altered inspiration!


I ran across this photo today on Facebook ~
You know how it will share your old posts and memories with you?

This was from a year ago today and I love it!
The morning light was streaming in across a door in my studio
where I've hung pretty little treasures that inspire me ~
I love seeing and displaying wonderful things that make me smile!

Surround yourself with what you love
and you truly WILL be inspired!




I finally finished my altered treasure box!
Yes, I used a favorite graphic of mine and I know you've seen it before
but I can't help myself...
I love it!

The box was primed, painted and lightly antiqued.
Then I added the graphic to the top and began embellishing.
Trying to decide what lace or trim to use is always the fun part.
It has to work perfectly with the color, size and scale of my project.

Finally I had to finish up with a pretty seam binding bundle and rhinestone bauble.
It sold quickly right from my Facebook page as I tend to share
my artwork in progress there.




I lined the inside the most beautiful antiqued gold paper
and then added a lace band in the lid
so old photographs or other ephemera could be tucked in and held safely.





By the way, here is a little "before" shot.
It was pretty to begin with but I knew I could elevate it just a bit!






I actually got out the other day and went antiquing too!!!
It was 65 degrees and sunny here in Georgia so it was perfect.

As I pulled into the parking lot of a local antique mall,
look at what I saw!!!!
Isn't it wonderful???
It even has fun little curtains hanging inside.
It's a 1977 Volkswagen Van in gorgeous condition!




This one's a little blurry but I loved this gorgeous piece.
I'm not sure what it is but it was beautiful.




Yes, one of those tails came home with me. I love the weirdest things!




My little pile of treasures! Not much but carefully chosen.



Now to start a new project ~
What to do, what to do...

Thank you always for stopping by to see what I'm up to!

hugs and love,
Dawn






5 comments:

Marilou said...

Love the van Dawn, we had one just like it in the green combo when we were young! Great memories, thanks for sharing, love your display door too. Sending Hugs Marilou

Roosterhead Designs said...

What a delightful post Dawn!! I love the photo of the door holding some of your treasures! I agree, when you surround yourself with things you love - that in itself can be a motivator!
While your box was pretty before, I think the white changes you've made are Gorgeous!! A very happy recipient I'm sure! Thanks for sharing today! ~Karen O

Daniela said...

My dearest Dawn,
your treasure box is truly a TREASURE, it has become so very precious, I'm breathless ... I'm looking forward to the new project of yours !
Have a weekend blessed with joy
sending dear hugs to you
Daniela

Lace Age Girl said...

Hello Dawn, What a gorgeous treasure box. It did look sweet before you started, too. A difficult decision to make! I love your door inspiration and your score of vintage treasures. I love nests too. Enjoy creating :)
Jesse

Unknown said...

I have the "giving hands" too. I put old watch faces in it because truly your time is the most precious gift right?


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...