Friday, June 26, 2015

A little something new ~



Today has been such a good day.
I've met so many precious friends in my blogging journey and
today I was able to speak to a dear friend who lives in France
and it. was. WONDERFUL!

Her life has been very busy and we haven't spoken in such a long time.
Sue has been on my mind lately and she can call my phone for free and
then just a few days ago she called to catch up!!!

I couldn't talk at that time but she called back today and we caught up
with each other's lives and all that is going on.

It's just beautiful what this blog has given me.
Friends near and far...some close by some on the other side of the world!
But we all have common threads and love the same things.
THAT is what bonds us together.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

I gathered some lace together today and decided to make a bunting!!
It is simply cut from a pattern that I found online and I cut the lace,
raw edges and all, to use on my bunting.

I folded over the top edge onto a long length of seam binding and sewed it down.
You could easily use fabric glue to do this though!
I tied a few seam binding bows on each end and accented the corners of each one
with pretty vintage buttons (just glued on with Fabri-tac!)

It sold quickly from my shop but I still wanted to share it with you here ~
I know many of you have the supplies around to make your own!!








I just love using old, forgotten lace pieces to make something pretty!!!!

Thank you always for stopping by to see me here ~
hugs and love,
Dawn





9 comments:

Paper Profusion said...

Your bunting is beautiful Dawn, thanks for inspiration. Nicola x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Loving the lace bunting...I saw so many pretty ones also at our Vintage Fair, so on my list I'd like to use them for window treatments. Enjoy a lovely weekend. Summer is going so fast.

Renee' McCartney Burrough said...

Dawn you inspire me to decorate using the things I love! The bunting is simple divine! Hugs!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Great idea, Dawn!!! I have many lace pieces that are stained and have holes. What a wonderful way to use these old gals.

Thanks for sharing!

Marlynne said...

Oh how adorable! I'm going in to gether my supplies for making one right now! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Blogging certainly does open us up to a whole new world of "friends"! I LOVE the bunting -- love the unfinished edges too. This would be so pretty at a wedding I think or a great way to use vintage linens that are stained, etc. and you can't use it for it's original purpose.

Botanic Bleu said...

Dawn,
The bunting is just beautiful. How wonderful you talked with your blogging friend from France! Did you all speak in French, English, or a combination? May your wonderful week continue.

Judith

Caty said...

So wonderful your lace bunting Dawn !!! I love this!!! fabulous! Big hugs.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Dawn, hopped over from another blog. I love lace and your bunting is gorgeous! I've made a similar one out of old doilies, but would love a lace one too.
hugs,
Jann


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...