Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Home is where you hang your ferns ~


Yes, I've used that title before here on the blog...
but I don't care, I love it!

It's been about three years now since I've enjoyed beautiful ferns
swinging on our front porch. It's so good to have them again.
To me they signify hospitality and southern charm and
I especially love my old wire planters that I plant them in.

I've also planted a few rose bushes!
It's rained about 400 days in a row now (exaggerating) and
the ground was wonderfully soft, so I bought three sticks
that claim they are roses and placed them in the ground.
We'll see if they grow! They are supposed to turn into
the gorgeous roses that are featured below.
Well...we'll see.






I've been playing around with a few fabrics to turn these
sweet pink mary jane's into pincushions.
I shoved this particular fabric into one to get an idea what it would look like.
You won't believe it but it's actually
a Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic fabric napkin from Target!
I love having little stashes of fabrics around my studio. I've had this one for years now
and you just never know when the perfect time to use it will be!
This is just a test, it is in no way finished.



I'm also working on my last two organizer orders!
I'll be sure to share photos of them before they mail out too.





I hope you are doing so very good and
that Spring has finally arrived to smile on your face.
Things are really good here and I'm so very thankful ~

Wishing you a beautiful day precious friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn



5 comments:

Clearissa said...

I love your idea for the cute little Mary Janes. That is the cutest. And ferns do warm my heart. I have to sit mine on pedestals but I love them just the same. Enjoy the rest of your week. :) And keep spring alive. :)

Sandi said...

Those pink roses look like my fairy roses! I love them!! They will grow for you. I just know it. :)
Blessings~

Stacey said...

Your ferns and roses are beautiful! The little baby shoe is adorable. :)

Nancy Hood said...

You not only have a very creative mind but a green thumb as well :) much love and hugs, sweet friend,
Nancy

allthingzsewn said...

I can hardly wait to see the finished Mary Janes. I love pincushions. I browsed your blog and found it very entertaining and inspiring. I think we will become great friends.
Blessing for the day,
Tonia


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...