Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Thursday, August 14, 2014

A few new goodies!!



Which button is the PERFECT button???
That's what I'm always asking myself when making something new ~
So I dump out jars of them so I can pick through
to find just the right one.
Aren't they like little jewels???

I even have them sorted into colors!
That really helps when trying to find the right one.




I found a beautiful old earring that's perfect for one of the sachets!
Yes, it was in the pink button jar for some reason and I'm glad it was.
I just removed the clip-on back and sewed it right on!





Here are the pretty lavender sachets I just finished!!
I've used quilt scraps, doilies, vintage laces, embroidered linens and
gorgeous old buttons. Each sachet truly is a one-of-a-kind!!
I just love using these forgotten fabrics, buttons and trims to give them a new life.
They've all been listed in my Etsy shop if you want see more photos ~














OH!!! And I had a new idea!!!
I took this precious, tattered and stained baby bonnet and
FILLED IT WITH LAVENDER!
I simply sewed up the front, filled it with fresh lavender buds and
then sewed the neck closed. I added an antique lace bow and sweet button
to finish it all off. Then the ties became a hanger!
It's listed in my shop too ~
I love looking at beautiful, old things like this.
They outlived their original purpose but by re-purposing them
we still get to enjoy their beauty.





I've been busy!!! And that's a really good thing ~

Wishing you a wonderful Thursday precious friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn





6 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That bonnet is darling, Dawn! Your sachets and buttons are so pretty. I think you've got the prettiest collection of buttons I've seen. I have some, but not as many as you. I thought it would make it easier to pick some out for different projects, but that has not been the case!

Brooke Bock said...

These are just lovely...each a little work of art...and the fact that they are filled with lavender takes them over the top!

Charlene said...

EVERY button is a PERFECT Button! I love buttons so. Your little treasures are each so special. HUGS!

marda said...

Your sachets are beautiful as always, but that sweet little bonnet...what a wonderful idea.
I love going through all my old buttons, wish I had my Grandmother's button box. She sewed all her adult life and as a child that was one of my favorite pass times when visiting.

Brenda said...

These are beautiful! I really like the blue one with the doily on it!

Marlynne said...

Precious sachets! Lots of inspiration!

Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...