Thursday, August 14, 2014

A few new goodies!!



Which button is the PERFECT button???
That's what I'm always asking myself when making something new ~
So I dump out jars of them so I can pick through
to find just the right one.
Aren't they like little jewels???

I even have them sorted into colors!
That really helps when trying to find the right one.




I found a beautiful old earring that's perfect for one of the sachets!
Yes, it was in the pink button jar for some reason and I'm glad it was.
I just removed the clip-on back and sewed it right on!





Here are the pretty lavender sachets I just finished!!
I've used quilt scraps, doilies, vintage laces, embroidered linens and
gorgeous old buttons. Each sachet truly is a one-of-a-kind!!
I just love using these forgotten fabrics, buttons and trims to give them a new life.
They've all been listed in my Etsy shop if you want see more photos ~














OH!!! And I had a new idea!!!
I took this precious, tattered and stained baby bonnet and
FILLED IT WITH LAVENDER!
I simply sewed up the front, filled it with fresh lavender buds and
then sewed the neck closed. I added an antique lace bow and sweet button
to finish it all off. Then the ties became a hanger!
It's listed in my shop too ~
I love looking at beautiful, old things like this.
They outlived their original purpose but by re-purposing them
we still get to enjoy their beauty.





I've been busy!!! And that's a really good thing ~

Wishing you a wonderful Thursday precious friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn





7 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That bonnet is darling, Dawn! Your sachets and buttons are so pretty. I think you've got the prettiest collection of buttons I've seen. I have some, but not as many as you. I thought it would make it easier to pick some out for different projects, but that has not been the case!

Unknown said...

These are just lovely...each a little work of art...and the fact that they are filled with lavender takes them over the top!

Charlene said...

EVERY button is a PERFECT Button! I love buttons so. Your little treasures are each so special. HUGS!

marda said...

Your sachets are beautiful as always, but that sweet little bonnet...what a wonderful idea.
I love going through all my old buttons, wish I had my Grandmother's button box. She sewed all her adult life and as a child that was one of my favorite pass times when visiting.

Brenda said...

These are beautiful! I really like the blue one with the doily on it!

Marlynne said...

Precious sachets! Lots of inspiration!

Gisele said...

Your articles are so beautiful and the most wonderful eye candy. Have been collecting for years and have all the ingredients so inspiration is provided by your little gems. Thank you for sharing.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...