Thursday, April 10, 2014

Something new!!!



I've had this on my mind for awhile now...
making a re-usable journal cover.
One that can be transferred to a new notebook
and used again and again!

Well, I did it!
I love the old fashioned composition notebooks,
you know the ones,
with the black and white speckled covers, right?

I created a pattern and this is my very first one!
You can use the notebook as a journal, fill it up and
when you need to buy a new one simply slip off
the journal cover and place it onto a new notebook!

Beautiful layered antique lace...seam binding accents and of course
a rhinestone bauble.
The tie is accented by a gorgeous antique button as well ~











I just added this sweetie to my Etsy store!!!


I hope you are doing so very good and that things are finally warming up
where you live ~ we have been in the 70's here in Georgia and
EVERYTHING is so very green!!!

Happy Thursday my dear friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn







11 comments:

Daniela said...

What a gorgeous and lovely idea to make so vintage and old-fashioned a simply notebook, I'm sure it's going to have a great success ! Here in Italy Spring has arrived and seems to have the intention to be even hotter than ever, and that's not good for our gardens and our health, alas !
Love to you Dawn and many thanks for sharing <3
With simpathy and admiration xo
Daniela

Vee said...

Great idea!

Ahhh...70s sounds so livable. ☺

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I've made several of these only miniature. Yours is really lovely and inspires me to make more.

FlowerLady

Paper Profusion said...

Sublime! Nicola x

Theresa said...

Beautiful:) Must have sold quickly! Have a blessed day dear Dawn, HUGS!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Dawn! A great idea to make it reusable. I know I hate to use beautiful journals or date books just because their covers are so pretty.

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

So sweet... I am loving this 'lil bit o' Dawn Art! Everything you make is perfection.

xoxoxo
S

rkramadh said...

Beautiful! I am always amazed that you imagine something and execute it so perfectly with no blunders!

jeanniemc said...

L O V E THE JOURNAL COVER!! Absolutely beautiful...

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

What a brilliant idea. Love all the vintage touches.

Lisa said...

Dawn,
I love this so much! For those who journal this is perfect!
Lisa


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...