Thursday, April 24, 2014

Beautiful vintage roses...how can you go wrong?


Seems doing something creative lately has been just about like pulling teeth!!!
WHY and WHY???
I really love making stuff!
I don't know. I can't even explain it.

I have so many amazing ideas rushing through my mind
but actually making them happen has been,
well,
just like I said...
like pulling teeth!

Well, sound the trumpets and start the parade because
I've FINALLY finished a little something!!!

This is another fabric journal slipcover.
It fits beautifully over your standard composition notebook.
Just fold both covers completely back and slip it on!!!

Fill it up with prayers, notes, thoughts and when it's full?
Just slip the fabric cover off and slip it onto a brand new notebook!

I tried something new on this one too.
Fabric rosettes!!!
And I love them!
I watched a few YouTube videos and
figured I could wing it from there.
The only thing I changed is that I did NOT use a glue gun.
I used my favorite glue ever, Fabri-Tac
which is like a cold glue gun glue.

My offering (in my shop now)








Feels good to finally make something and it always
make me wonder,
why did it take so long????


You can find my new journal slipcover in my Etsy shop if you're interested....


Thank you so very much for visiting my blog.
I love my blog friends and treasure you so!

Happy Thursday angels,
hugs and love,
Dawn






15 comments:

Lesley UK said...

This is so pretty Dawn, I love seeing your 'creations'. They always inspire me to try something new. Blessings

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Beautiful and inspiring.

Thank you ~ FlowerLady

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It's beautiful, Dawn! I love that fabric and your flowers turned out beautifully.

Unknown said...

I think sometimes that we get too many ideas going around and around in our heads that it becomes difficult to isolate just one. Your work is gorgeous.

Dorthe said...

Oh, it is so beautiful with your rolled roses, precious friend, and that fabric is stunning ,and so wonderful with the added seambinding and lace- LOVE !!!
Hugs and love to you, dear Dawn.
Dorthe

Vee said...

Very nice!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Where did you get the fabric...it is lovely! Is it something that would be in stores now or is it an old something you have had for awhile?

Tikaani said...

Stunning Dawn, as always!

marie said...

Love your slipcovered journals Dawn! This fabric is so pretty!!

Enjoyed your post on Noah!

Jann said...

Gorgeous!

Tamara said...

It's beautiful, Dawn..So glad you were able to spend some time doing something you love! <3

Marlynne said...

What a neat idea! I need to make one for my bedside journal! Thanks!

Barbara said...

Absolutely stunning! I see it's already sold. Please, please make some more. Would love to have one.

Rustique Gal said...

Oh, Dawn! This is beautiful! Why spend money on lots of fancy journals when you can use a lovely cover like this?
Keep on Creating!
Hugs,
Sherry

rkramadh said...

Very pretty! Is it gone already? I couldn't find it on etsy.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...