Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Creating just a few Christmas gifts ~




Today I decided I would put together a few gifts...
lavender sachets created from old postcards printed onto muslin.

Maybe a few wooden tags with precious images and messages.
A tiny framed dried flower for the botanical lover?
Accented by a little vintage lace and of course my fave,
crinkled seam binding!
I so hope they love my gifts...









For the last few years I've realized my dear parents have become
increasingly difficult to buy for!!!
They are still so active, have fun and buy whatever they need...and when they need it!
So today, knowing they love their precious "snack-time" in the evening,
I went and bought all of their most favorite goodies!!!
I purchased a canvas container and have stuffed them all inside....
now they'll be ready for their next "movie" night or really ANY night!
Now to get this thing wrapped......




I do hope your Christmas plans are coming together!
I reach a point every single year where I realize....
Oh well, if it's not done, it's not getting done and who really cares,
let's simply enjoy one another ~



I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday precious friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn




15 comments:

marda said...

Your handmade gifts are perfect. Who wouldn't love them? Your gift for your parents is a great idea.
I know our kids feel the same way.. and we've finally convinced them they should spend their money for Christmas on themselves and their kids. They seem to have accepted that ok!!!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Your gifts and tags are just lovely, Dawn!

Suzan said...

I have several old family post cards- how did you transfer them onto cloth to make the little pillows? That would be perfect for my Mom and use her photo as a little girl for the tag! How???

Maureen said...

Oh those are so beautiful Dawn! I just adore your work. And you are so right; last week I was in panic mode - now a sort of calm has come over me and I too am at the point of not worrying about everything getting done to perfection.

Vee said...

Yes, let's just enjoy one another. Your sachet idea is such a good one. I'm trying to think how I might employ it using some family letters...

Nancy said...

Your gifts and tags are very beautiful! I'm sure they will be treasured!...Nancy :o)

Karen said...

I love your blog The Feathered Nest. Love your Christmas pics. I just viewed your "tag tutorial" thank you so much. Blessings, and Merry Christmas Karen from Shabby2chicshoppeblogspot.com

Dorthe said...

So beautiful, and sweet little gifts, dear Dawn- I love alwayes all you create, and those tags and lavender bags, are all so lovely.
Here I also don`t find time to all I want to accomplish, but you are right sweetie,-importent is to enjoy each other.
Love and hugs,Dorthe
Your parents will love all the goodies for some wonderful evenings, to enjoy!

Createology said...

Your handmade gifts are wonderful. Such a thoughtful gift for your parents. My daughter says the same thing about us...Mom, you just buy whatever you need whenever you want it so what can I get you?!! Love and communication is all I need from my sweet girl. Holiday Blessings Dear...

Charlene said...

I need to finish wrapping & then I will call it done! Great idea for your parents! Miss you! Merry Christmas!
Charlene

Ivy and Elephants said...

The handmade gifts are so gorgeous, very professional and real treasures. Love the snack bag, a fun and practical idea.
Wishing you happiness and joy!
Hugs,
Patti

20 North Ora said...

Your gifts are great! Love the idea for your parents.

Judy

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

The recipients of your little gifts are going to be delighted! And I think the snack basket is a great idea for anyone who really doesn't need anything...fun!

Rhonda said...

I just had to stop in and see what you have been up to. Adore all your new creations! That snack basket is PERFECT. Wish I had thought of it for my parents. xo Rhonda

Pat C. said...

Your sachets and tags are beautiful, Dawn.♥ How clever you were to come up with the idea of using postcard graphics on the sachets!

What a great gift idea for your parents... older people have accumulated so much "stuff" over the years that gifts they don't have to display or store seem to be the ones they love the best!

xoxo


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...