Monday, July 30, 2012

Sweet blessings ~


You, dear friends, are my true blessings!
You encourage me,
inspire me,
and fan the flame of creativity in me!!!

Every once in a while I'll receive a love gift
that fills my eyes with tears...
this is one of those that I just have to share with you ~

My dear friend and cheerleader
contacted me recently and wanted my address.
She said she'd been gathering a few goodies
that she knew I'd love and wanted to send them my way
as a thank you for blogging and sharing...
WHAT AN ANGEL!!!

You know I have to share them with you
because I'm sure if I love these precious treasures,
you will TOO!!!



First one of the gorgeous photos she sent...
I had to scan it in to share with you ~



A beautiful old poetry book and look at this amazing sewing basket!




As I opened the lid...there were even more treasures tucked inside...
can you believe that little pair of shoe pincushions???
Buttons, pearls, yummy old thread and trims ~




I pulled out the tray and even more goodness was there!!!



Antique lace, another beautiful photograph (you know I'll share too :)
baby shoes, the most INCREDIBLE
monogrammed hanky that is worthy of framing,
and a precious baby dress ~



Dear sweet Pat...
you are so very PRECIOUS!!!
I love each and every treasure ~
Thank you so, so much!!!








I am truly blessed with the most loving friends!





I've been wanting to share a few photos
of this wonderfulness with you too ~

I FINALLY got my hands on this amazing COLOR GUIDE
from Zipperstop....
YAAAAY!!!

I can finally really see the true colors of seam binding
when I'm ordering ~
If you love seam binding like I do,
this thing is WONDERFUL!!!
I want to wear it around like a sandwich sign!
Yeah, I'm a goober...







Neat, huh??



Thank you always for stopping by to see me...
you all truly are such wonderful blessings!!!

Happy Monday,
hugs and love,
Dawn




10 comments:

Pat C. said...

I'm so excited to be the first to exclaim over all the goodies you received from your sweet friend! Everything is exquisite and so "you"!

I know that whenever you see your newest acquisitions, you'll treasure them for all the reasons that we vintage lovers treasure vintage things, but also for the friendship and generosity that they represent.

Thank you for sharing them with us; what a lovely way to start the week.: ) xoxo

Dorthe said...

My dearest Dawn,
You are so loved, sweetie,and this so beautiful gift,all treasures,are loving gifts to you. Such gorgeous things,- the sewing basket is beautiful and the poetry book OH so lovely.
Every thing :baby shoes- dress-laces-photoes-buttons, are amazing gifts from a dear friend.
Thankyou for the dear photo. I love you ,too.
XO Dorthe

NanaDiana said...

Wow! What a treasure trove of wonderful, beautiful things. I LOVE those little shoes-they just jump out at me-so darling.

What a great thing to have that ribbon guide. It is so hard to tell the color without seeing an actual sample.

Hope you have a wonderful week- xo Diana

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

How Sweet was that Surprise.... I had to stop in while I had a free moment, things like I never get to sit & visit anymore~ I am loving getting the new business up & sorta starting to run, but do miss sitting for hours & checking out all My Favorite Blogging Friends, Like You~ I am still planning on October, Country Living Fair, but time will tell, If we have an Estate Sale that week, of course the trip will be off, anyway, just wanted to pop in & Say Hi ~ Miss Ya ~ xox
Cheryl

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

What beautiful & sweet gifts you've received. Wow! So many treasures inside that lovely sewing box.

I adore seam binding & love each & every scrumptious color. I don't think you're a goober at all. LOL ('course I guess it takes one to know one...lol)
Enjoy your treasures!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Such a sweet and generous gift...beautiful goodies...

susan hemann said...

Such a lovely gift!How kind!

Lululiz said...

What a wonderful friend, to send you such a bounty of gorgeous little treasures. Each and every thing is so beautiful and it has all been put together with so much thought and care.

Vee said...

Ohhh...this gift made me sigh aloud... Such treasures!

That mother is sooo lovely and with a babe not quite so much. LOL! I'm being naughty. No, no, that baby is adorable in his own way. I'm sure that he grew up to be a handsome fellow. Yes. Sure of it.

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Whooopppeee's going up all around! What a lovely treasure box jam-packed full of yumminess..... So happy for you. And, the color guide? I've wanted that forever and ever and ever......it's so hard to tell by the little shots they give you online.

Have a great day!

Huggies,
Spencer
xo


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...