Thursday, July 12, 2012

Oh my goodness...WHAT WAS I THINKING???!!!



O. MY. GOODNESS.
I just looked at last year's
Where Blogger's Create post and o~my~land...
I AM SO EMBARRASSED!!!!

What was I thinking????
Did I think this was worthy of posting?
I had heaps and piles and furniture in front of furniture,
bird cages, boxes, and stuff all over the place!!!

Let me take this moment to apologize to you.
For those who visited my humble studio post before...
I AM SO SORRY!

But it was what is was and I guess I did my best at the time.
So, just so you know,
THIS IS THE BEFORE of my studio!!!!

Take a scary look below:
(I'll leave some of my statements from last year)





I love looking around the studio and seeing other's artwork,
treasured finds and beautiful things ~
it's all so inspiring to me!!




Old trinkets, long forgotten seem to always find a home here :)



Old lace, the rattier the better, makes me smile.


Do you think I have enough fabric? This is just the creams, naturals and browns!




This shot is pretty rough looking ~
I haven't hung the bird canvas I made or the shelves
behind the sewing machine, but I will.
And all the stuff on those small wire shelves will hurt your eyes
but I love having supplies at arm's reach.



I've even managed to cram my computer in here!



My desk ~



You have to walk through my studio
to get to the living room or our bedroom,
you know how old houses are!!








OH! And you see my advent calender hanging on the side of the shelves below?
Lisa told me that Stampington has featured it again
in the recent issue of Handcrafted ~ I had no clue!












The tight shots aren't too bad...right?
No matter.
What really matters is that I can create here.
THAT'S WHAT MATTERS!
Give me a corner,
a spot on a table,
some precious old stuff,
and by golly, I'm a happy girl!!!

Stay tuned ~ my next post will show a few improvements
and will be my post for Where Bloggers Create 2012!!!

Wishing you a wonderful Thursday dear friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn


24 comments:

marda said...

I'm just impressed with all the stuff you have to create with.. and despite the crowded room, you do beautiful work thre. Looking forward to the new improved craft room tomorrow.

Unknown said...

I love your studio ......see you at the party ;))))
love, Sonja

marie said...

I think the before shots are awesome! However I am sure the next post will leave me speechless. I just know it's going to be grand!

Dorthe said...

Oh sweetie Dawn,
Ofcourse it was more than, worth posting , I have enjoyed looking those photoes many times, and still does.
I will be here saturday to visit your fantastic room again, and see all the changes you made .I know it will be a beautiful review, dear Friend.
Love and hugs, Dorthe

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I remember thinking it was wonderful and I still do, Dawn! My post is already done and I just brought something in last week to help corral some fabric. I'm not taking anymore pictures though! It can wait til next year as I'm sure I will make other changes that will make things easier and neater.

trash talk said...

Girl, I'm always amazed at your eye for spotting treasures. I've got to watch you hunt and gather and know first hand, where others may see chaos in piles...you see fertile pickings. I'm prety sure it's the same eye you use for creating magic in your studio. Where I see oodles and gobs of beautiful little things, you can spot that one objet d'art needed to put a project over the top. That my friend...is the artist's heart...that inner eye.
Besides...you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs.
It pleases me to know there's a tiny bit of me tucked in your treasure house.
Debbie

Sandee Shanabrough said...

I would feel right at home in your lovely studio!!!! It is beautiful and I can see the love in every photo!

sandra blanks said...

Oh Dawn, I love your old studio!! Are you kidding...what do you mean 'what was I thinking'? Every shot is gorgeous...I adore everything being a little crowded...makes me want to get in there and dig! I especially love that shot of the little bears under the umbrella, looking down on all the treasures!
Can't wait to see the redo
Love,
Sandra

Vee said...

First of all, I loved last year's post and I don't think you had a thing to apologize for. It was all beautiful to me and I've spent some time trying to duplicate the look. ☺

Have fun today as you put the final touches on this year's effort. I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Dawn your studio is awesome!! You have so many wonderful treasures to create with!

Theresa said...

Looks darn good to me:) So many goodies to work with! Can't wait to see the changes! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Jane said...

Such a treasure trove! Would love to visit and revisit - so much to admire!

NanaDiana said...

Well, I think it is lovely. A GREAT place to craft and create. I wish I had a spot like that- I think it is wonderful- xo Diana

Kelli said...

I just love your studio...I think it's perfect just the way it is! In fact, I hope to be updating my space soon and you will be my inspiration. :0)

~Kelli

Diane said...

You think yours is bad?? I have one five foot counter for everything, and that's it!! Yours is great!

Barbara Jean said...

I think it is all beautiful...
just like you!!

blessings
barb

PS if you saw my place, you would not be apologizing for yours. =)

Okio B Designs said...

What are you talking about?! I love your space! I wouldn't change a thing. So inspiring!

Jeanine

Vicki Boster said...

LOL - girlfriend -- I just did that very same thing THIS morning!!! It made my stomach hurt to see the mess I posted before! Ive been working on this room now for over 2 weeks -- the sad thing is that in some ways it is still a MESS -- but I feel so much better about it now. At least until I see your gorgeous place~~~

Love you!

Vicki

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Dawn, I was and still AM in love with your studio just the way it is in these photos!
I aspire to have one so neat :-)
Everywhere you look there is a vignette created just by chance and not staged for a picture!
That is true creative talent you have ~ for what you see as untidy ~ WE see as awesome inspiration!!
I so enjoy peeking in all the nooks and crannies to see all your good stuff!!
Cheers,
Lynn

Lily's Lace said...

Your studio is warm, inviting, creative and beautiful.....just like you! Love ya mean it!~
xoxoxo-cindy

Jean Bee said...

Let me say, I love your studio both ways - it looks exactly like mine (my second bedroom)! I always feel it's so bad as I have so much stuff and I have some sitting in front of shelves that are also full so when I saw yours it made me happy!! I don't feel so guilty now!
Can't wait to see the next batch of pictures!

Lady Pamela said...

Absolutely no need for appologies. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit here this morning. I love looking at all your treasures. Looking forward to WBC 2012.

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Whenever I see your studio I think it looks like a most delightful shop in which a person could immerse one's self for hours, rummaging and discovering all kinds of treasures. But I somehow suspect you're probably like so many of us, unable to part with your precious goodies! If ever you open a shop I'm sure you'd be met with enormous success! :O)

Pat C. said...

No need to be embarrassed, Dawn! I *love* last year's pics--your space is warm and inviting and everything in it looks well-loved.: ) I'd feel like a kid in a candy shop were I ever to visit your studio in person! xoxo


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...