Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Antique photos, gifts of love and studio goodness!


So, I'm still working my little heart out on the studio...
and making great progress too!!!

Here's a sweetie I've given away before but if you didn't snag her then
maybe you can now:


To save the LARGEST size of my images:


Right click on the image.
Left click "OPEN LINK IN NEW WINDOW"
Then....Left click the image AGAIN.....
you will now have the FULL SIZED IMAGE.
Now you can right click it to "save image as"
and save it to your own computer.




It was a GREAT mail day today!!
I have to share with you what precious Michelle of Petite Michelle Louise
sent me...you know I won a copy of Somerset Life from her recently
and it just arrived today ~ but look at how gorgeous she packaged it!!!!






Do you see the teeny tiny WONDERFUL charm she tied onto my package???
LOVE!


This little thing is so wonderful to me....


Michelle added a few yummy extras that she must have known I'd love...
and great old mens collar still in it's original packaging!



Beautiful old tatting...millinery....lace and just look below at the gorgeous card she enclosed!


Here's the magazine, I showed it to you before but I took the copy BACK that I purchased.
The girl at Michael's was so kind and of course I went back into the store and spent
the money ALL OVER AGAIN on a pad of French General papers! Yeah...I need help.



Here is Michelle's feature in the magazine...absolutely gorgeous!
Thank you so very much Michelle, I love it all so much ~




And I failed to show you another goody that I've received from another precious friend ~
It is a "just because I thought of you" gift from Cindy of Lilly's Lace....
she took my class at Paper Cowgirls in March and is such a sweetheart to me!!!!
How wonderful is this tote bag???
I just love it!
Thank you so much dear Cindy ~ you are an angel for thinking of me :)






Now for a few teeny sneak peaks at what I've been up to in the studio....

I have been trying so to get rid of the "visual clutter" of it all,
but you know it's hard when you love stuff :)
I've ripped up drop cloths and created skirts for the metal shelving,
can I get a YAAAAAY?
Who wants to see all that junky stuff on there?
AND I took the lazy way out and just used safety pins
the cover to the thing!
And yes, I'm a freak and love the wrinkled look :)


And a new skirt on the sewing table...can't show you the top 'cause it's
still loaded with tons of stuff!



Something funny I made...for all of you that love Pinterest like I do!
If you don't have an account and would love one,
just email me at sewmanyroses@yahoo.com
and I will be happy to send you an invitation!!!








Since this piece of artwork hasn't really gone anywhere yet...
I decided to add a sweet bird's nest to the lower left hand corner ~
It was lacking something and I do believe it looks so much better now!!!





Wishing you, my sweet friends...a beautiful Tuesday!!!
hugs and love,
Dawn




10 comments:

Unknown said...

Morning Dawn, what have you received wonderful post!
I look so forward to Saturday, I do also contribute to the blog party at Karen. I am also busy with cleanup. 'm So curious about your beautiful studio,
love from Belgium,
Sonja

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you beautiful Studio Dawn! I know it will be inspiring as ever! Working away on mine too- got a slip cover made for my office chair- Yeah! Too many projects pinned won't be ready though!

bee blessed
mary

Maggie said...

Good for you that you're making progress tidying up your studio! Wish I could say the same for me, the Queen of Procrastination. Ah well, I do work best under pressure...! I'm taking your advice and getting my little etsy shop going, and hope to have it up and running the same time the studio tours start. That's my goal, anyway.

Can't wait to come back and get the full tour of your wonderful crafting haven. The sneak peeks look good so far!

take care,
maggie

Theresa said...

Great gifts from great friends! Love them all:) You are really making great progress in your studio! Love that skirt, looking cute with safety pins... only you could make it look so stylish!

Enjoy your day dear Dawn, HUGS!

Unknown said...

so happy you love your SL issue and all of the petiet tresors I included with it. They all were just SCREAMING to be sent along with the mag! ;) I found the tiny brass frozen Charlotte at my local sunday flea. sweet isn't it? I just KNEW dear Dawn would just adore it too! Can't wait to see your studio this week! bonne chance!!! I'm off to continue working on mine!

Vee said...

What a beautiful package...it's inspiring! Who wouldn't love to receive a gift so thoughtfully presented!

Dorthe said...

Such beautiful gifts for dear you.
Michelle made your win so special, and lovely, with all those gorgeous ectra gifts. And the tote bag, is wonderful,too with the nest on it :-)
And dearest Dawn ,I love the look with the white skirts -your room will look new and wonderful for the week-end.
The fantastic added nest ,gives "power" to your creation, and it looks even more beautiful now.
Thankyou for the sweet PINit picture, I often do the same, and you made me smile, reading it- sweetest friend.
Hugs and love-Dorthe

NanaDiana said...

wow- What a great post, Dawn. I love the package you got...the magazine AND the other goodies. Bloggers always go over the top, don't they?

Thanks for the images, too...love them-xo Diana

Pat C. said...

Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful goodies with us.: ) I don't know you that well yet, but it strikes me that you are most deserving of the generosity of others. (((hugs)))

Rustique Gal said...

Dawn, Your art piece looks so special and so YOU. It is sweet with the little birds nest. I love the pictures you showed of your gift from Michelle and the Pinterest pic. CUTE!
Have a lovely weekend!
Hugs,
Sherry


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...