Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Always wanting to share...


So....when you've been blogging for five and a half years,
and you look through the photos you've posted...
it's truly a LIBRARY!!!!

My parents are here for a few days and we've been visiting with them ~
Mom has been helping me get ready for Emily's upcoming baby shower too...
can you believe that???
Brent and Emily's little baby boy is due Sept. 9th
AND
since everything Emily has is PINK (for our precious Clara)....
we thought it might be a good idea to have a shower for this new sweet boy!!!
We'll be having the baby shower in early August
and that will be here before you know it!!

So I've posted random photos....to make you smile :)

Paper roses from Michael's....from the wedding section ~




Distressed and aged for a piece of artwork...



A great vintage photograph for you....



An old piece of artwork...



Another sweet old photograph for you....look at that face!




And guess what???
Our sweet Ellie had a birthday!!!
She turned FIVE July 15th.
We all love her so much ~
here's a sweet puppy pic...





A rogue sunflower grew under one of my bird feeders a few years ago
and I took a close-up pic of it....
I STILL LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!!




More old artwork...






I ran across this photo from a Somerset mag that my lampshades were
featured in...they are both in my studio now, did you notice them in my post a few days back??



AND this is such great news....
I FINALLY have the COLOR CARDS from Zipperstop for
all of the seam binding colors!!!!

Ohmygoodness...you can REALLY see the true colors on these things!
Should you need a specific color, and can describe it really, really well,
I just might be able to help you choose the right color of seam binding to order!







I hope you don't mind these crazy posts...
I've not really created anything wonderful to share but
always love staying in touch with you!

Have a great Wednesday dear friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn




19 comments:

Ellen said...

Don't worry Dawn, you've always wonderful blog posts and they never get bored. Your creations are beautiful. The colors from the seam Binding are amazing, I take a look on that site;-)
Thank you again for the beautiful pictures and lots of fun with all the preparations. Give Ellie a big hug for her birthday.

Hugs and have a nice Wednesday,
Ellen

Dorthe said...

OH sweetie, I LOVE this post, never could I be bored visiting you.
Look at all your beautiful art ,I love the fantastic hanger ,and your so wonderfully altered box.
Thankyou for posting the Zipperstop colour cards for seambindings-I will save them and now be able to order the right colours :-)
Also thankyou dearest friend ,for the wonderful vintage photoes, -and congratulation with sweet Ellie,so cute looking in this puppy photo.
Dawn I wish you lots of fun preparing for the new shower, such a joy for you,I know.
Lots of love and hugs to you.
xx,Dorthe

Luvcreatincards said...

Hi Dearest Dawn,
What a wonderful assortment od delightful photos, thanks for sharing these. How time flies.
I cannot believe that the time has passed sooooo fast and clearly remember chatting to you on the phone just before Clara was born and discussing the due date as it was sooooo close to my daughters birthday, Along with sharing your ideas as to how you would plan and decorate for Emilly's shower for Clara.I'm sure you will all have a wonderful time arranging and celebrating this baby shower. Sending you all warmest best wishes. Take care, keep well and in touch.

Theresa said...

I love seeing all of these pictures:) My FAVORITE is the close-up of the sunflower! Have a blessed day and enjoy your Parents! HUGS!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Dawn I soooo remember you getting ready for Clara's baby shower!! Oh my goodness time goes way too fast!
I can't wait to see pictures of your baby boy's shower :)

My Vintage Mending said...

Just a chance to stay and linger on the beauty...Smiles...Renee

Vee said...

Oh a boy! I had not known that I think...oh I knew that there would be a new baby...

It's always a pleasure to stop by no matter what you're doing...creating, resting, thinking about baby showers, it's all good.

Shirley Hatfield said...

I always come here when I want to visit a place of peace and beauty. Sometimes your posts are like a visit to an art museum on a rainy day...what better place to be? =D

Carole said...

Enjoy your time with your parents Dawn.
Your posts always make me smile.

x
Carole

Doreen Frost said...

I LOVE dropping by your blog..it's a treat for the eyes :)

enjoy your visit.

hugs, doreen

Createology said...

Everything you post is eye candy and inspiring. Your finished little peat pots are precious. Amazing photo you took of the sunflower. Summer Sunshine Smiles...

Pat said...

Dawn, In reply to your statement about your 'crazy' posts...please rest assured that none of them are 'crazy.' I find your posts to be totally inspiring. Love the family photos...all your artwork, and oh, my goodness, the vintage photos!! The one of the little girl and boy kissing reminds me of my own two children (in their mid-forties now!). I do love it so. I created a collage using that photo late last year and a customer at the downtown studio bought it. It's nice to see it again on this post and I'm inspired to use it again.
Never think your posts are 'crazy'...they are fun and inspirational, so pat yourself on the back!!!!! Enjoy all the shower and new baby plans....and stay cool. THANK YOU, pat

Shopgirl said...

Thank you Dear Dawn for sharing...I love all your posts...a sweet treat each one, Hugs, Mary

Barbara Jean said...

Lovely post Dawn. As always.

Love the lamp shades, and the nature journal?? is it a journal?? well, love it whatever it is.

and Ellie has the cutest look on her face. =)

blessings
barb

NanaDiana said...

Love all these wonderful images here today. I adore the one of the little girl with the doll. How cute is that! xo Diana

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I love your post. You have a great library of photos. I LUV the aged roses.

Cindy said...

I always love visting your blog. It makes me smile! You have such a wonderful, sweet soul!
xo Cindy

Diane D. said...

Oh Dawn, post away. I fell in love with the kissing little kids. Adorable and the sunflower well what's not to love.
Love it all.
DianeD.

awal.ny said...

I just love coming to see your mixed media art, a little bit of everything I love. I found a little birds nest on the ground today and I thought of what would you do with it. For now it sits in a jar until I decide what I should do with it.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...