Monday, May 21, 2012

Something new from the studio ~


Do you ever make something that you LOVE?
When I make these nature assemblages...
it's truly HARD to part with them
because they strike a chord with me.

This is one of those shadow boxes you find at the thrift.
It has three sections and they usually have these fake little
potted flowers in each section ~ I know you've seen them.

Well, I've had this one for YEARS.
And I'd even ripped the stuff out a long time ago too!
But I finally made my way to it and decided it was time to
transform it into what it was meant to be.

A simple assemblage.
Filled with beautiful fragments of nature...
gathered specimens...
and wonderful elements from the wood.









You can see the shadow box part in the photo below...





I've just listed this piece in my Etsy store!

Well dear friends, we have another week ahead of us....
what shall we do next???
I hope you can carve out a little creative time just for YOU



Wishing you a great Monday precious friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn







12 comments:

sjmcdowell said...

You worked your magic again Dawn!

Enjoy a wonderfully
creative week,

Hugs,

Susan

Dorthe said...

Dearest Dawn, this is absolutely an amazing collection of nature`s gifts-I love every section of beautiful elements- and how you pinned the cloth to ,the wonderful book page covered ,background.
I also love the simplicity in every section, and yet all together it makes a gorgeous complex whole, of what wonderful gifts to find in our nature.
Sweetie you are a master in making (among other things ) the most beautiful nature collages .
My day started with sunny weather- I hope yours will,too.
Happy day to you,whatever you are to do my dear friend.
Love and hugs,Dorthe

nelly said...

Красота!!! Страхотна идея, много харесвам натуралните ти колажи.
Поздрави и хубава нова седмица от мен.

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Lovely piece Dawn! The neutral colors and natural elements are soothing and beautiful. Hope the week ahead brings a peaceful time of creating for you! Take care, Laura :)

Vee said...

Lovely. A much better and higher purpose for it to be sure. Now I have something of this sort in the barn now...I wonder...

Diane said...

Beautiful display. I have a couple of boxes from Hobby Lobby, you have me conjouring up some ideas! Have a great week....Diane

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That's beautiful, Dawn! I'll have to keep my eye out for one of these shadowboxes now. Love the book page background you did.

Barbara Jean said...

LOVE!!!! of course! =)

blessings
barb

NanaDiana said...

That is just so sweet. You have such a nice eye for putting things together and making them look wonderful! xo Diana

imsteelefullofscrap said...

Turned out beautiful though everything you create is

Cindy said...

This piece of art is just lovely! I love the colors, the natural objects, just everything! Beautiful! You are such a talented artist!

Shopgirl said...

Dear Dawn, it doesn't get much better than this delightful piece. As always a treat ti see. Love, Mary


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...