Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Rambling on but always wanting to share ~


Seems some days my posts just have to be "whatever" posts.

No particular point...nothing wonderfully new or creative to share,
but yet I still want to post and say hello to you dear friends.

The photo below is one I've always loved.
Our oldest son Brent went to college at Savannah College of Art and Design...
we would visit occasionally and this is a photo I took
during one of those visits.
It was taken in the Bonaventure Cemetery ~
just look at the age and patina on this beautiful monument.




A few free vintage images for you to print to make artwork or even simple cards ~













The photo below is one I took in my old studio and I just love it!
It's of an old little girl's crinoline I had hanging from the ceiling.
Don't you just love how the light shines through it?





Do you remember these?
I scanned the sweet bird and bunny from a vintage coloring book
and cleaned off all of the coloring some little child did ~
Wouldn't they be precious embroidery patterns for Redwork?







Well, that will be the end of my rambling for today...

Wishing you a beautiful Wednesday sweet friends!!!
hugs and love,
Dawn




14 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

Dear Dawn
I admire you commitment to posting and so appreciate the wonderful inspiration you give us all daily with images, thoughts, tutorials and the fact that we can almost count on a new post from you each day!
Love and blessings to you,
Suzy

Romeo said...

That monument is incredible!!! Like Suzy I admire your dedication to posting. Romeo is critical about what to post and as a result...well what's it been two months? At least we have you :) Your posts are always so wonderful, even if you consider them as "rambling". Go
Dawn Go!

Purrs,

Romeo and of course "her"

Dorthe said...

Hi my sweet Dawn,
Thankyou for alwayes being here- I can tell you, that if you once do not post ,I at once worrie if something is wrong in your home! So used am I to see your beautiful posts every normal day :-)
And your ramblings alwayes brings sweetnes and joy to my mornings-they are every day read, when I have had my tea, even I don`t ,at that moment, have time to comment!
Dearest friend, wish you a beautiful Wednesday,too.
Love,Dorthe

Theresa said...

I have that same picture from that gorgeous cemetery! I love going there when I visit Savannah! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Diane said...

When my husband was ill in the intensive care on a ventilator, I swear to God, there was an angel who visited. She bathed him, and spoke so sweet and softly to him and hummed a beautiful song. This nurse angel reminds me of you Dawn. You are so sweet and kind and always there to lift spirits!
PS-of his 3 months in the hospital, she was there one time. (an angel)

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Good Morning sweet Dawn!! Have a wonderful day!!

Sandy said...

I hope you enjoy a beauty filled day!

NanaDiana said...

Well, it might be random but it is full of beauty. I love that old monument...wow-what a beauty. Lovely images here- xo Diana

June said...

I love your ramblings dear friend. Always a beautiful visit here no matter when I come over to visit : )
I always love the beautiful images you share so we can all create some 'pretty' for ourselves Dawn. They make my creations so much lovelier, so thank you my dear.
I hope you are having a wonderful Spring at your place.
sending love...

Rustique Gal said...

Dawn, I also look forward to every day's posts. Always positive and always encouraging us to do our own thing. I have so many of your sweet images, and you have influenced my own blog and my occasional art piece. I look forward to the day when I can dedicate more time to both art and blogging like you do. Thank you, friend!
Hugs,
Sherry

nelda said...

Wow, the photo of light shining through the crinoline looks like an award winning photo to me! I think I will use it as a background image for a collage. Thank you sooooo much for sharing your images with us!

Lilac & Lavender said...

Hello Dawn... I've been looking through your free images and can't believe all you have to offer :) I made some free clip art based on the sweet baby bird above... thank you! Here's a link if you'd like to see:

http://lilac-n-lavender.blogspot.com/2012/05/sweet-baby-bird-clip-art.html

Have a great weekend!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the bird and the sweet little girl and her puppy! Thanks for sharing!

Vicki Boster said...

Dawn- I absolutely love the photo taken in the Bonaventure Cemetary-- it's amazing!
Vicki


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...