Saturday, May 12, 2012

On being a mother.....





It's the greatest blessing you will ever receive.
The most fulfilling job you will ever do.
The hardest thing you will ever undertake.
And the most rewarding accomplishment in your life.

~ me ~



I have been blessed five times over with our sons and
I wouldn't trade one day,
one sickness,
one fight,
one hug from sweet little arms,
one injury,
one load of laundry (or fifty),
one sweet handmade card,
one messy room,
one little kiss,
one dirty diaper,
one baby's breath on my cheek,
one trip to school,
or one ANYTHING
for the opportunity
to be a mama.

Thank you Lord.....
I am so honored to be the mom of our precious boys.







And thank you to my wonderful mom
for showing me how to BE a mom,
I love you more than you'll ever know....





A Mother's Love

Author Unknown

There are times when only a Mother's love
Can understand our tears,
Can soothe our disappointments
And calm all of our fears.
 
There are times when only a Mother's love
Can share the joy we feel
When something we've dreamed about
Quite suddenly is real.

There are times when only a Mother's faith
Can help us on life's way
And inspire in us the confidence
We need from day to day.

For a Mother's heart and a Mother's faith
And a Mother's steadfast love
Were fashioned by the Angels
And sent from God above.





Happy Mother's Day precious friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn



18 comments:

Pat said...

Dawn, What great guys! I know you are a proud mama...and grandmother.
I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow with many sweet hugs. pat

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Dawn Sweetie...
Happy Mother's Day my precious friend. Oh how I love this photo of your 5 boys. They are all so handsome and I know you just rock their worlds. Growing up I just know they gave you a few trials along the way.

(Mine did and I only have 2 boys), and it is so fun to see the trials their boys are giving them. I always told them pay backs...

A beautiful write dear friend. Just beautiful. Thank you for sharing this evening. Have a glorious Mother's Day. Many hugs and so much love, Sherry

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Happy Mother's Day, Dawn!

Ellen said...

Woww Dawn, you can be proud on your boy's and grandchildren.

Happy Mother's Day for you to! Today we also celebrate Mother's Day in the Netherlands.

Hugs,
Ellen

Emanuela @ My Little Inspirations said...

Woooww...five boys!!! I have only a daughter, but she is my world, so I can understand the joy of bringing up five sons!
Happy Mother's day Dawn!!!

Emanuela

Little Birdie Blessings said...

That's a lot of handsome for one photograph. Beautifully said Dawn. Anyone who reads your blog knows the deep love you have for your family. You are an encouragement to many. Happy Mother's Day. ~ Abby

NanaDiana said...

Aw, Dawn~That brought tears to my eyes. You have beautiful "boys"..and I know they are men now but they will always be your boys. Blessings- xo Diana

trash talk said...

What a lovely post to read first thing on Mother's Day morning.
You wear the mantle of mother beautifully my friend and what a blessing you have in your handsome sons.
Good grief woman...how you do resemble your beautiful mom!
Hope your day is filled with kisses, hugs, and laughter. It's already filled with beauty.
Deb

Theresa said...

Happy Mother's Day to you dear Dawn! What handsome SONS you have! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Vee said...

What a great team you've got there, Dawn! Say, I see a great deal of Clara in your little girl self. Have a terrific Mother's Day!

The Other Side of Me said...

Hi Dawn,

Happy Mother's Day!!! Loved the picture of your boys. I can't believe how grown up Noah is!!! Have a lovely day.

Tammy

Jill Zaheer said...

What a beautiful post and tribute to both your family and mother's everywhere. Happy Mother's day. Seems as if this will be one very special day for you and so much to be thankful for. xo

Grace Adams said...

I love the picture of your boys. Looks like you did a great job, mom! Please say hi to your family for me.

Dorthe said...

Sweetest Dawn,
I hope your day is filled with the love from your wonderful sons, and that you can enjoy it to the fullest.
Your post is beautiful and shows your warm love for your precious family.
I wish you the most happy Mothers Day, with some of your loved ones, dearest friend.Love the photo`s old one and new one- LOVE YOU.
Hugs,Dorthe

Createology said...

My you have handsome boys you have raised. Bless you! Happy Mother's Day...

marie said...

Wonderful Mother's Day post Dawn. What an awesome group you have there...love the photo of them. The one of you and your mother is wonderful too...such a sweet memory to cherish.
Hope your mom's day was extra-special!

Jann said...

How lovely, Dawn--I hope you had a nice Mother's Day!

Elizabeth Golden said...

As a Mother to five boys myself I definitely agree to this post. Never a day goes by that I do not count my blessings.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...