Friday, May 11, 2012

My tricky muse ~







Thank you for being so kind to me on my last post ~
I wanted to experiment to see if I could make a short video
with my simple point and shoot camera and it worked!
Yes, it was very amateurish and I definitely need to place my
camera a little higher so my forearm isn't front and center but
for only one take, it was OK.




Did you notice the stacks of needle books I've been working on?
I have been AWFUL about finishing them!!!!
Just dragging the task out, day after day,
I should be knocked in the head.
Sometimes it seems I sabotage myself....
trying to create SO MANY of one item.
It always, always, always shuts me down!

What is wrong with me?
But I thought, I need to make six, why not make 24?
And when it all becomes like an assembly line it
just doesn't feel creative at all ~
Hopefully I'll finally finish this massive batch of needle books
today and have them listed in my Etsy OR maybe they'll just trickle in,
who knows...my muse is a tricky one and doesn't like to be pressured!!!!



Wishing you the most wonderful Friday precious friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn



8 comments:

Dorthe said...

Oh Dawn, that is just like speaked out of my mouth.... when I have to do many dolls at a time, and starts drawing patterns,sewing and so on, I totally loose my creative mood, and also the energy working with them... but I also, like you, do it all the time, when I feel like: Oh I can as well do 5 big dolls in a time- but NOPE, don`t work!!
Think we will never learn- too grown ups for that ,LOL!
But I hope to see some of your beauties in your shop , - maybe two today,and two tomorrow- and so on,- like that it will not stress you, my dearest friend.
Hugs and love from afar- I wish you a beautiful friday and week-end.
xx ,Dorthe

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Once something starts to become a chore it's not fun anymore, Dawn. Maybe finish those and then do a different project to get your creative juices flowing : ). You've got me thinking of trying to make a case for my new cell phone. I haven't seen anything online for mine {it's not an iphone} and I want to be able to protect the screen while it's in my purse. I think some pretty quilted fabric might do the trick.

Theresa said...

Well, I admire you for tackling the project of making SO many:) They are gorgeous and I know you will get them finished and move on to another creative project soon! Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

Vee said...

May your muse be sweet to you today and allow you to move on to something new and fun. I think I understand that you're not a fan of the assembly line. Have a great weekend, Dawn!

Pat said...

Dawn, Well, maybe you are simply ONE human being, just like the rest of us and not superwoman! I actually think you said something that could have come directly out of all of our mouths. So...just enjoy your day and accomplish what you can and don't fret. We'll still love you 'out here' and we will patiently wait to see your next round of 'goodies.' Do have a nice day...pat

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

I have seen that first fairy picture a few times but just now noticed that the girl standing in the middle of the circle of fairies looks an awful lot like Taylor Swift, doesn't she?

Maggie said...

yup, I know all about the self-sabotage!

We'd all LOVE to see more little videos from you. That was pretty impressive coming from a little point-and-shoot camera!!

teri said...

I do the same thing, and then I end up putting most of them away for a while because I can't stand doing the same thing over and over. And I'd never be an artist known for their "style" because I get tired of looking at the same style for long.

I enjoyed your video yesterday, and even your southern accent. If you heard my voice, it would be a New Jersey accent -- drinking caw fee and going shopping at a Mawl. :-)


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...