Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Before and After....and of course lovely images!


I've been digging through all the photos on my computer!
I was just looking around,
and you know what?
I've been a busy girl these last five years!!!!

Good grief ~ I'm tired just from looking at it all....
and of course it's all documented here on my blog.

I wish so bad I could afford to create a book of my blog....
five years, 1900 posts.....
boy, it would cost a fortune, don't you think?

Here are a few gorgeous images for you:


To save the LARGEST size of my images:

Right click on the image.
Left click "OPEN LINK IN NEW WINDOW"
Then....Left click the image AGAIN.....
you will now have the FULL SIZED IMAGE.
Now you can right click it to "save image as"
and save it to your own computer.










The two images below always, always take my breath away!
I have got to make something from them soon ~






One last little thing ~ while looking through all the old photos,
I ran across the piece that I just created my artwork in!!!!

Here is the before (on the left) and the after (on the right)
I painted the entire frame because the distressing was too manufactured
for me and the color was just too white for my taste.
Now it's painted a creamy ivory and
I did end up sanding just a tiny bit off
here and there....




Thank you so much for stopping by to see me!!!!
I treasure your comments.....

I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday sweet friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn







14 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

So very beautiful Dawn!!
That is a bunch of posts!!

Barbara Jean said...

all so wonderful.
thank you!!

what was the ink that FB took me to?

blessings
barb

Ellen said...

Dear Dawn your frames are so beautiful, love the colors and the details! Thank you so much for the the beautiful images!

Hugs and have a nice day,
Ellen

marda said...

Your AFTER is so beautiful. Lots of great images in all those posts.

Dorthe said...

Precious Dawn,
I love the new colour you added to the frame, looking so much more real old and worn- and the "collage" frame is wonderful.
Thankyou also dear friend for the lovely images- the old flower cards are so beautiful.
Goodmorning to a wonderful day,Dawn.
Hugs and love,Dorthe

Astrid Maclean said...

Thank you for these wonderful images and I have to say your new frame is a huge improvement, beautiful colour and just the right amount of distress now!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I know sometimes I can't find pictures I'm looking for, Dawn, and I know I took! I think I have tpo many folders to save them in. I'm going to have to do a picture clean-up I think. I love those two images of the ladies. Are they depicting something? {i.e. Mother Nature, Spring}.

Vee said...

Yes, I do think it would be lovely to print your blog. I've read where some do it a bit at a time. From the time they began to the following year. In my case that would be from July to June the following year. Perhaps you'd have to do it in six month increments. I wonder if you left off all the images except your family photos and your actual creations if it would be more than you could handle. Yup. I hope that you do it. =D

Sandy said...

Dawn,

You should check out Blurb, you can slurp up your entire blog, text, photos, comments and all then edit as you so desire. Printing the book out is very economical over there and you would have a hard copy of your wonderful posts to enjoy like your favorite books and magazines.

Theresa said...

Beautiful images, thanks for sharing! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

She Uses Her Words said...

Thank you so much for sharing Dawn. These are beautiful pictures and I love your nature shadow box!
Take Care, xo, Karen

NanaDiana said...

My gosh, Dawn. What beautiful images! That is a lot of posts and a lot of pictures over the years! WOW! xo Diana

nelda said...

When I first found your blog I spent days looking back through your old posts and I was really wishing it would be published as a book. With the on demand cloud publishing it just might be feasible.

Rustique Gal said...

Dawn,
Thank you so much for these sweet images, many of which I had not seen before. Like you I have many gazillions of images on the computer. Unlike you, I have not done much with them yet! But I have dreams...
Your lovely shelf art piece is so special now. I love how you repainted it. I also find many purchased pieces to look to artificially distressed. And I always get a thrill when I see your nest pieces- I love nests! Have a great holiday weekend, friend!
Hugs,
Sherry


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...