Friday, March 2, 2012

Thinking on these things....






I'm sure you've heard of Pinterest...right?
An incredible website designed for you to be able to "pin", save or bookmark
the wonderful things you've found on the internet.
PLUS, you can "pin" the neat things that others have found too!

There are so many great ideas on how to create things,
beautiful decorating ideas,
amazing artwork and on and on and on.

The minute I discovered the website I loved it!
I began pinning like a mad woman. There is so much wonderfulness
on the internet, I want to be sure to save all the great things I see.
You can take a look at all of my boards HERE if you'd like.
But there's one thing I've finally started checking when I start to
pin someone else's pin....does it lead to the ORIGINAL source?

I don't want just a photo.
I want to be able to go to the artist that created the artwork....
the website that created the tutorial....
the blog that gave that amazing recipe...
or the website that featured the gorgeous decorating.

So now, I find myself thinking, maybe I should back through my pinboards.
You know, to check for those links...but right now, I don't see that happening.
I do know that from now on I do want to make sure my pins have original links. 
So I can KNOW where the beauty came from....

I've found that I've received a good bit of traffic from Pinterest
to my blog, so I'm always happy when someone pins something
they find here...I always love welcoming new readers!!!
The benefits can be wonderful,
as long as the original source is drawn from.

Do you pin?
If you'd like an invitation (you have to request an invite
from Pinterest or have someone that already pins invite you)
just email me a sewmanyroses (at) yahoo (dot) com
I'll send you an invitation....
I'd love for you to join us!


Happy March and happy Friday angels!
hugs and love,
Dawn




10 comments:

Dorthe said...

Hi my dearest Dawn,
Your Pinterest is one of some saved in a folder in my -favorites-and I so enjoy visiting ,you there too.
I also love finding beauty and inspiration and now and then saving, but as for being on Pinterest myself, I have not found the time - and maybe it is not that time consuming at all-- but those last weeks I also read about many people having problems, for pinning other`s photoes, without asking, and therefore risks ending in very bad situations, so that made me a bit schared!!! And if having to use time to ask,first,will surely make it all very time consuming....
I myself would also be so honoured if pinned-but it seems that not everyone feel the same,as we do.
What do you think about that my sweetest precious friend?
HAPPY week-end and love and hugs, with kisses.
Dorthe

Theresa said...

I am new to Pinterest! It seems to pull me in and take up lots of time but I do love it!

Enjoy your day dear Dawn, HUGS!

Vee said...

I look a lot, but I do not pin. You're right. Far better to get to the source than just have a photo.

teri said...

I've added you to those I follow. Your boards are lovely.

I love the bedroom in the photo. I wish I could persuade my husband to appreciate ruffles, lace and pink as much as I do.

Antiques In Old Town said...

LOVE IT !!!! SO MANY WONDERFUL IDEAS OUT THERE...All of us create to share with others...otherwise why would we create at all ? Keep pinning girl... SHARING is why GOD gave us the talent in the first place ! BLESSINGS

Tina said...

I´ve gone through all mine and made sure they link back to the original source - it´s the only way. We have to protect the copyright copyright infringement.
Have a wonderful weekend dear Dawn
xo

Jill Marcott-McCall ~Feathers & Flight~ said...

Very Well said Dawn. Pinterest is a Wonderful source for finding other Artists and Blogs. If I Recognize a Piece,I have been trying to add an Artists Name if there wasn't one. I have not been as consistent in checking back to the source on some Pins with the Exception of Free Images. I Do check to make sure they are Truly Free to Use before I Pin. Thank You for this post!
Have a Wonderful Day!
Hugs
Jill

Christine said...

I'm right there with you. I started pinning without even really thinking about the links until the first time I tried to go to one and it either didn't even have a link or went to the blog and not to the post or was not the original source. Now I pay a lot more attention to what I pin.

Barbara Jean said...

Good points about pinterest.

I do try to link original source too, but sometimes it takes awhile to find your way back to it.

One mistake I think I made when I started, was that I opened my account under my name, and not my blog name. All my pics still link to my blog.....but.

I do love it, but, trying to control myself. Does not do me any good to pin something if I cannot remember where I put it. =)

blessings
barb

Cassie said...

I get so frustrated too when the link takes me to just a photo OR just the main blog page. I wish more people understood how direct linking worked.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...