Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A wonderful recipe for you . . .

A sweet friend of mine, Jeni (our stitchery artist at The Plum Tree), dropped by the store last week and brought me a gift. Don't you love gifts? Any size, any kind ~ I love them.

Anyway, she brought me a can of mexicorn and a recipe card. As soon as I looked at the ingredients, I knew my husband would LOVE it!

He made the recipe the next evening and well, much to my surprise, as I have never been fond of avocado, I could not get enough of it!! I wanted to share it with you. You may already make this but if not, here it is for you to enjoy.

Thank you sweet Jeni!

Mexicorn Salad
  • 2 ripe avacados, peeled & diced
  • fresh chopped cilantro (we didn't add this, and it was still delicious)
  • diced tomato or halved grape tomatoes
  • Jack & Cheddar cheese, grated (we want to try Pepper Jack next time!)
  • 1 can of drained black beans
  • 1 can of drained mexicorn
  • The juice of 2 limes
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 3 teaspoons minced garlic
  • salt to taste
Add all indredients to a bowl and toss with dressing ~ enjoy!


Sam I Am said...

wow..this does sound yummy!! thanks! will have to print it out and give it a has all the ingredients the family loves!


Cindy @ My Romantic Home said...

That sounds really good!

BECKY said...

This looks fabulous Dawn, I'm making it this weekend. I been looking for something like this, with the corn and black beans. Yummy.

Bejeweled said...

Looks like a great tasty summer dish!

Denise S. said...

Anything remotely Mexican and I'm there. This sounds wonderful and I love avocados so its on my list. Thanks!!!

Vickie said...

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate company. The recipe looks great!

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

I know my husband would love that too, Dawn. I'm going to make it for him. Thx for sharing. Looks scrumptious!


Annie said...


Anne Bradshaw said...

Looks like my kind of recipe--easy AND tasty. Thanks for posting. I'll have to come back again.

Counting Your Blessings said...

Ooooh I can't wait to make it!! I'll be off to the market soon and I'm so glad that I peeked at your blog before I left! Thank you for giving us the receipe. Blessings... -Polly

PAT said...

This looks like something we would really enjoy.


Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Looks so yummy Dawn!!! I will have to keep a copy of this...thank you for sharing it. I need all the help I can get in the cooking department... not my specialty!! lol


Deb said...

I've copied down the recipe. Looks delicious!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...