Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A wonderful recipe for you . . .


A sweet friend of mine, Jeni (our stitchery artist at The Plum Tree), dropped by the store last week and brought me a gift. Don't you love gifts? Any size, any kind ~ I love them.


Anyway, she brought me a can of mexicorn and a recipe card. As soon as I looked at the ingredients, I knew my husband would LOVE it!


He made the recipe the next evening and well, much to my surprise, as I have never been fond of avocado, I could not get enough of it!! I wanted to share it with you. You may already make this but if not, here it is for you to enjoy.


Thank you sweet Jeni!


Mexicorn Salad
  • 2 ripe avacados, peeled & diced
  • fresh chopped cilantro (we didn't add this, and it was still delicious)
  • diced tomato or halved grape tomatoes
  • Jack & Cheddar cheese, grated (we want to try Pepper Jack next time!)
  • 1 can of drained black beans
  • 1 can of drained mexicorn
Dressing:
  • The juice of 2 limes
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 3 teaspoons minced garlic
  • salt to taste
Add all indredients to a bowl and toss with dressing ~ enjoy!


13 comments:

Sam I Am said...

wow..this does sound yummy!! thanks! will have to print it out and give it a try..it has all the ingredients the family loves!

slurp!

Cindy said...

That sounds really good!

Becky said...

This looks fabulous Dawn, I'm making it this weekend. I been looking for something like this, with the corn and black beans. Yummy.
Thanks,
Becky

Artifax said...

Looks like a great tasty summer dish!

Denise S. said...

Anything remotely Mexican and I'm there. This sounds wonderful and I love avocados so its on my list. Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate company. The recipe looks great!

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

I know my husband would love that too, Dawn. I'm going to make it for him. Thx for sharing. Looks scrumptious!

Kitty

Chickadee Primitives said...

Y
U
M
M
Y

Unknown said...

Looks like my kind of recipe--easy AND tasty. Thanks for posting. I'll have to come back again.

blessings said...

Ooooh I can't wait to make it!! I'll be off to the market soon and I'm so glad that I peeked at your blog before I left! Thank you for giving us the receipe. Blessings... -Polly

PAT said...

This looks like something we would really enjoy.

Pat

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Looks so yummy Dawn!!! I will have to keep a copy of this...thank you for sharing it. I need all the help I can get in the cooking department... not my specialty!! lol

Heather

Deb said...

I've copied down the recipe. Looks delicious!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...