A sweet friend of mine, Jeni (our stitchery artist at The Plum Tree), dropped by the store last week and brought me a gift. Don't you love gifts? Any size, any kind ~ I love them.
Anyway, she brought me a can of mexicorn and a recipe card. As soon as I looked at the ingredients, I knew my husband would LOVE it!
He made the recipe the next evening and well, much to my surprise, as I have never been fond of avocado, I could not get enough of it!! I wanted to share it with you. You may already make this but if not, here it is for you to enjoy.
Thank you sweet Jeni!
- 2 ripe avacados, peeled & diced
- fresh chopped cilantro (we didn't add this, and it was still delicious)
- diced tomato or halved grape tomatoes
- Jack & Cheddar cheese, grated (we want to try Pepper Jack next time!)
- 1 can of drained black beans
- 1 can of drained mexicorn
- The juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt to taste
Add all indredients to a bowl and toss with dressing ~ enjoy!