Monday, July 23, 2007

Time for a little bliss ~

Study of a Woman's Head ~ Leonardo da Vinci


Well, I'm home this week, as it is Cindy's week to work at the shop, my children are on their second vacation with their big brothers in Savannah, the laundry's not too bad, so you know what that means?? This week I will try to follow my bliss and make some art, girls! I'm excited about a few projects I have lined up to make and I'm hoping that I can get plenty accomplished.


I have a few projects for the store that I want to make too. I was glancing through an issue of Country Home and came across a blackboard project they featured. They turned many different objects into blackboards so, I have a wonderful cabinet door that I think would look perfect as one. I already have the paint so we'll see. I'll be sure to take photos if I make one.


Cindy and I both are already thinking about Fall and different looks we want in the store ~ the change of the seasons is always so much fun. I usually pull out old fall issues of magazines to get inspiration and also just to get in the mood. It seems nuts to be thinking of it in July but it will be here in the blink of an eye.


Thank you all so very much for each and every comment you leave me. I love to visit your blogs, too. You encourage me to do better, do more and to be proud of what I do. I thank you for that!

6 comments:

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Hey Dawn, I made some blackboards out of old cookie sheets and baking pans that I had got from a rummage sale, and they turned out great. Nita

Becky said...

Oh Dawn where did you find this picture. I mean I know where it comes from, but this is my favorite of de Vinci's. I saw it in a move, remake of Cinderalla with Drew Barremore(sp?)the name of the movie escapes me now.
Oh isn't it just the most beautiful.
Thanks for sharing,
Becky

Becky said...

I just had to tell you more...
We are thinking exactly alike this week. everything in your post it exactly my pep-talk to my self when I finished my last order for a while just a few hours ago. WOW! Fall is here is here for us anyway, isn't it? I do the same thing with the magazines but I also watch the movie "Nightmare Before Christmas" just before fall, Tim Burten inspires me as you and so many others do. I look forward to more of you post to motivate me in my work. Thanks for being the inspiring artist your are Dawn. Can't wait to see what you post next. I'm so glad I've found your blog, so many weeks ago.
Smiles, and hi-ho of to work we go...
Becky

Lena said...

I like your new artwork, especially the colors and the way you've used the photo pages. I tend to like simpler collages, and yours are always lovely and "just enough".
I am thinking about Autumn, and have started a little bit of crafting towards it, and Christmas too. August is my least favorite month, and Fall is my favorite season. I always feel a little bit "suspended" for a little while.
The da Vinci is beautiful.

Amy said...

Have fun with your art time.
Can you come help me get caught up with my laundry?
Amy

Becky said...

Dawn, I really love the way you covered your lighting with those windows. Makes me want to move into my garage and do the same.
All looks wonderful.

Smiles,
Becky


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...