Monday, July 23, 2007

New art!



Well, I finished a couple of things today and have a few more in the works and I just had to share these with you. The two similar pieces are collaged art onto 11 x 14 canvases.

I've used the pages from an old dictionary, pages from a very old photo album that was falling apart and some copies I've made from one of my vintage botanical books ~ and I copied the artwork onto color copies of the most wonderful very old paper from my collection. Accents are vintage watch faces, old clock hands and a small branch.

The other item is a hand-stitched covered journal (5 1/2" x 8 3/4") with a small little label and a vintage button and rope closure. I'll be putting them all in my etsy store tonight!!













10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful! I just love to visit and see what you've been up. I also would like to let you know I'm doing a little give-away in celebration of my two granddaughters, one of which is only three days old. I hope people stop by. I just want to share with such a neat thing like that.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hi Dawn: thanks for making my day, or night I should say :) You are so creative, love your new work of art!!

Tina Leavy said...

so creative. very clever ideas.hope you are having a good weekend.

secretleaves said...

These are lovely, Dawn. I have also been making things with old photo folios. I had collected a huge bin of them, that I have lately been converting into albums.

Thanks for the comment on our blog too!

Sharon
Secret Leaves paperworks

oldflowers4me said...

oh my- i love what you have made- its just great - really great- singing and skipping -jo

PEA said...

Dawn these are beautiful! I love the way you always had a bit of nature to your pieces. really brings life to artwork.
You found your bliss I see, could you send some of that this way? LOL
Blessings,Pea

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

Love your new art, Dawn. Looks like you've been busy. Thx for sharing...

Kitty

Chickadee Primitives said...

How beautiful! I love the clean lines, and the subtle addition of twigs.

Perfection!!!

Annie

Stillwaters Music said...

I just love your work, Dawn!
And I ditto what Annie said.... :D
Nena

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

I love your new art Dawn! You did a fabuous job... I hope you enjoyed your quiet time!

Heather


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...