Friday, July 20, 2007

I'm going through withdrawals . . .

I didn't post yesterday and I'm determined to post something tonight, even if it is after midnight here in Georgia! I have updated our store's blog if you'd like to browse around.

I thought I'd share a piece of furniture that I painted a while back to sell in the store. I love to paint furniture but work space is always an issue with me. I usually end up painting the piece in my dining room. It's a lot of work but the end result is always rewarding.

Have you ever visited the Habersham Designs website? I've always been such an admirer of their painted furniture ~ truly works of art! I'll include a few photos of their furniture, too ~ xxoo, Dawn




Beautiful Habersham Designs handpainted furniture!





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,
You did such a nice paint job. The shop looks lovely. The lamps are darling..I have such a weakness for old lamps. I really love that runner with the cute little baskets and flowers. I also have old runners every where. Oh and the cute little children holding the bunnies! Are they chalkware? Thanks for taking the time to share.
Best,
Kathy

Jamie said...

Dawn, I love it when you update the store's blog. It's such a wonderful place. I really like the piece you painted and the Habersham pieces you showed us. Your new assemblages for ETSY are beautiful. I loved the bird box and was not surprised to see it had been snatched up:) Hope you are having a wonderful day! Love, Jamie

PAT said...

The dresser you painted is beautiful!

I enjoyed touring your store, through the blog, too! Great looking photos of beautiful pieces!

Pat

~Red Tin Heart~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

Dawn, I love all of these pieces of painted furniture!!! I love the look of painted wood but my husband is very resistant to the idea...I'm workin' on him though...I have a few items I would love to see painted...

Becky said...

Thanks Dawn.
This dressser you painted is so beautiful. It looks just like the one I painted about 3 weeks ago. i had to strip it and did the same paint job on it. but yours looks better. I love the detail on yours. I wish I lived closer, I'd come buy yours. Some day when I drive to Florida again, I'm stoppin by. You just wait and see. I love your shop. I wanna reach in threw the puter and buy something.
smiles,
Becky

PEA said...

I love it! Looks just like the expensive ones! Wow such talent. I will be back your blog is fun!
Blessings,Pea

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

The furniture from Habersham Designs is awesome. I am getting ready to re-do two of my dressers now. I am going to make one to store linens in. Nita

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

dawn...where afre you in georgia...i just moved from statham...near athens...i have a daughter in duluth...i love habersham furniture...i paint furniture and will be doing much more here is florida...blessings, rebecca


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...