Thursday, February 22, 2018

A touch of Spring!


I've had this amazing vintage jar for years.
It used to have a collection of antique door knobs
displayed inside.
You know, the crystal and white porcelain ones?

They're sold now but I've been wanting to create something
for the inside. It didn't come with a lid but I didn't care.

I enjoy embellishing bird's nests so I thought an assemblage
that included one would be beautiful tucked inside!

This particular nest is store bought.
And I love the look of this one.
I knew if I added few natural
elements in and around the nest
I could give it a realistic look.





And here is the finished assemblage!
I used a small circle of cardboard wired to the nest
and elevated the back a bit with moss inserted in between.

Next, I added skeleton leaves, dried botanicals, feathers (all glued discreetly)
to give it that realistic look. And lastly of course I had to add speckled eggs!

I glued the base that I cut from cardboard to the bottom of the jar so it will
stay put and of course not shift during shipping.



A small section of a vintage bird book was placed behind
and also a branch with seed pods serves as a back drop too.




The top has been covered with a piece of natural scrim, secured with a rubber band
then wrapped in jute to continue the natural theme.




I even managed to squeeze in a sweet gum tree pod too!






I really love the way this piece turned out!
And now this wonderful old jar has a new purpose
and a promise of Spring ~

I've also added it to my Etsy store if you'd like to take a peek!

Just a short post this time but
thank you always for stopping by
to see what I'm up to!

Hugs and love,
Dawn




2 comments:

Grandma Linda's Daydreams said...

Hi Dawn, This is so sweet and simple and that's a pretty old jar. I like your little touches of berries, moss and feathers! It made me smile and anticipate spring coming soon. I'm so ready for spring this year! I love your blog! Be blessed! linda

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

I too love old jars. You did a great job with this beautiful jar. Really love the unique items you chose. Thanks for sharing it.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...