Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Tiny fragments of nature under glass ~


I've been gathering tiny bits of nature for as long as I can remember.
It may be a small dried flower, acorn caps, twigs or moss,
it doesn't matter to me.
I think that they all are so beautiful!

I just finished a few specimen tubes filled with some
of these little natural elements.

The swirl of text embedded inside is simply a torn strip
from a very old botany book!

These tubes can be displayed hanging on a cabinet knob,
hook or even the switch of a lamp.
And of course, everything is more beautiful under glass!!!

All have been listed in my Etsy store now too!













And this little piece is finished too!
The glass jar measures a mere 4" high buy about 4" wide.
Gathered inside is a precious tiny nest with speckled eggs,
bark, moss and a sprinkling of other small nature elements.

I just love small things and this little nest assemblage turned out wonderful!
Also listed in my Etsy store ~









And one last little bitty thing.
This is a sweet hummingbird's nest that
was given to me by a friend and I simply adore it!




Wishing you a wonderful rest of the week dear friends and
thank you always for stopping by to see me!

Hugs and love,
Dawn






1 comment:

Cassandra said...

I just purchased your last botanical test tube and hope you will be posting new artwork soon. Your pieces are beautiful.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...