Saturday, November 14, 2015

You know I love you, right?






I mean it.
Because of you...
because you appreciate my little creations...
buy my simple little tutorials...
I was able to purchase a NEW COMPUTER!!!

I'm so, so very grateful and thankful!
And oh.my.goodness, y'all...
IT IS FAST!!
I'd been using the same computer since 2008 and
just didn't realize how slow that baby had become.

I did have a back-up hard drive but hadn't backed it up in
years so I possibly have lost a ton of images and photos.
But I also purchased an encasement for that old hard drive
and my son is going to take it out,
put it in the new encasement and see if it will be accessible.
He's thinking it was the fan in the old one that blew.

Oh well, you don't care about all that!
But I still just wanted to thank all my friends and customers
for helping me get a new computer so I am back in business!



In other news...

We went to the North Georgia mountains last weekend
to visit my precious mama and daddy. Good grief I love it up there!

In the studio?
I'm working on a transformed treasure box!
I'm adding a beautiful antique image on the top and
embellishing with lace and trinkets.
I'll share soon!!

I hope you are doing so, so good!
Thank you always for stopping by to see me
sweet friends.

hugs and love,
Dawn

8 comments:

Lana Manis said...

Congratulations on the new computer, Dawn! I know how you feel. I'd been using my laptop since 2007. About a year ago my son felt sorry for me because it took me so long to get anything done on it, and he gave me a much newer Dell laptop. Loved it... it was so fast... then back in the summer I spilled pop on it and fried the motherboard. So, I went back to my slower than molasses one... and dropped it and nothing could be retrieved. :( Thankfully, the computer guy in our little town had a 2013 ASUS fairly cheap... and I love it! It's really fast, too.
Looking forward to seeing your new projects. They are always beautiful!

DownTheLaneWithDaisy said...

Good luck with your new computer. You'll be zipping along in no time. What a difference a new computer can make.

Daniela said...

Dearest Dawn,
I'm so very glad you're back and you've got a new computer, your photograph from North Georgia woods is stunning, thank you for sharing it !
Have a wonderful Sunday
Dany

At Home in English Valley said...

You inspire dear Dawn in so many ways. In good times and in bad you are full of grace, kindness and creativity. Thank you!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Oh Dawn!! What a sweet image! And I'm so so glad you got your new computer~ Hooray!
Gorgeous shot in GA; looks like heaven to me~
Thanks for sharing and I'll be waiting to see your treasure box! Have a creative week~ Karen O

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're up and running again. Love your blog!

Rustique Gal said...

Hello Dawn,
Congrats on your new computer. Yes, it is good to upgrade! Enjoy your new high speed computing. I have been away from blogging for a year or more, so glad to see you still here and doing your lovely art!
Love that picture of the GA. Mountains!
Have a lovely thanksgiving!
Hugs,
Sherry

rkramadh said...

Congrats on the new toy! When my old PC gave up, I took out the hard drives and bought enclosures for them and I can now use them as external drives using the USB port. Hope you haven't lost any precious pics as that can be heart breaking. Good reminder for me to back up my external HD :)


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...