Friday, December 5, 2014

The beginnings of Christmas ~


I've discovered as I get older that I just don't have what it takes
to put up a big ol' Christmas tree and all of the decorations anymore.
Simple and small is perfect for now...and this little tree was just the ticket!!

I found this 3 ft. tree at w-mart and saw it in the display section, just 25 bucks!
It has red berries and tiny little pine cones wired onto the branches.
PLUS it was pre-lit too!!!

There weren't any in boxes so they let me purchase the floor display.
I loved that!!! It was already assembled and I just plopped it in my car
and then put it right onto my buffet in our living room!!!!

I've added a few bird's nests, burr oak acorns and some beautiful feathers...
I'm gathering a few things from the studio to add to it.
It's definitely a work in progress but I just love it!





ALSO in other news...OK now, don't faint.
I actually went junking a few weeks ago and I just have to share
the sweet things that I brought home!

This precious frame was priced so reasonably I just had to buy it!!
I haven't figured out what I'm going to put inside but no worries,
I'm sure I will!

The rest of my treasures?
A couple of beautiful antique photos and vintage buttons.
It was such a wonderful day spent with a precious friend.






Can you believe that I'm finally getting back to my organizer???
It has already been purchased by a dear friend and customer but
my mom and dad came into town for a week for Thanksgiving and
delayed my finishing it up. I'll be sure to share photos of the finished piece
in my next post!






Something else I've worked on recently....these little nested egg soaps!
I made these for my friend Lisa of Tarnished and Tattered,
she's having an antique sale and wanted to have some of our soap!!!




And this photo below is a recipe I saw on Facebook....they. sound....DELICIOUS!!!





One last photo to share ~
Our sweet granddaughter Clara with her cousin Brant at Thanksgiving.
They both had the best time playing together!




I scanned the wonderful antique photographs I found, just for you...
Just click to enlarge them and right click to save them to your own computer!!!





Thank you always, always for stopping by to see what I'm doing!!!

Wishing you a beautiful December weekend precious friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn





9 comments:

Dawn said...

Sweet little tree. Love the junking haul, too! Those cab cards are irresistible!! Happy December to you, too.
Dawn xo

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love your new tree, Dawn! I am with you, I'm tired of dragging our current tree down from the attic and then back up. It is just too much now. Since my husband actually complained that his back hurt after bringing it down this year, that is my cue that I can go full ahead looking for a new one come clearance time.

That frame is great! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Theresa said...

Love that tree! I too find that the older I get, less is fine with me:) That organizer is going to be gorgeous! Enjoy your day dear Dawn, HUGS!

Shabby Sheshe said...

Oh my word! Those pecan muffins look wonderful! My 94 year young grandma loves pecan pie, so I will have to make a batch for her. Have a blessed day!
Michelle

Linda said...

I love the tree!! The cabinet cards, buttons and frame are really a great find! Linda

Jen said...

Hello Dawn Good idea about your tree I will have to think on that next year .It looks really lovely.I especially like how it came. I saw how to pack a tree away .Fold it in with all the decorations on it and wrap it all around with plastic wrap!! I am going to try doing it this year. The organizer is pretty.

Bonnie Schulte said...

Your tree is just perfect. DH and I decided to get a small tabletop tree this year also. The first in our 50 years of marriage. Started out when we were young with a 10 foot tree, and even had a 20 foot tree when our 3 boys were younger, filled with their hand made ornaments, and lots of vintage mercury ornaments I had collected. But this little 4 foot tree, with tons of lights, and filled with every ornament that I could fit on a branch, is.. I believe, my favorite. It is a live tree, because we have no storage room to put one away till next year, so it fills our small home with the scent of Christmas. Things do change, but in a good way...

Dorthe said...

Hello dearest Dawn,
Just wanted to say hi ,here ,too- your tree is wonderful, I wish we could buy such here, too,- but the ones we can find are not nice looking, toooo artificial, for me, --it is surely because we almost alwayes only have the real thing here in Denbmark, -that the selection is not big!
Your organizer is so beautiful ,the buyer will love it, sweetie.
Thank you for already gifting us with your new wonderful photo finds,- you are a dear, and the frame is gorgeous!!
Sending you sunday hugs my loved friend- I had such beautiful time with my little family !!
Hugs from Dorthe, xxx

Vee said...

Stopping by to say hello and to wish you and yours a wonderful Christmas season. I'm with you on the small tree...yours looks right at home and is charming. The organizer turned out beautifully and those grands are growing and so darling. Clara and Murray must be very excited with Christmas.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...