Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Post # 2,364...wow.









I just noticed this.
How many posts I've put together since Feb. of 2007!
Wow...it's really amazing, isn't it?

I don't know if blogging is all that it was when I first started though.
Yes, there are a zillion blogs now but blogging just seems different.
Everyone is coming up the newest DIY idea or what to make out of pallets
or a tutorial to share (even if it's totally crazy)
just hoping and hoping that they hit Pinterest paydirt
and get pinned into some kind of epic stardom.

Me, I'm just here making little things and sharing my life with you.
No stardom here but I do have a heaping pile of friends
all around the world ~
Friends that I've known now FOR YEARS!!
That right there is why I still blog.
Plus I do love being able to sell my wares and share ideas!

Now that the studio is so nice and clean,
and I can see my fabrics so easily,
I decided to make a few more lavender sachets.

It's so neat to be able to use a fragment of a torn up old quilt,
a piece of a vintage bark cloth curtain,
lace from the bottom of an antique slip and
beautiful old trims from Germany just to create
a simple lavender sachet.

They're not quite finished but I had to share a peek with you!!
Soon to be listed in my Etsy store ~ stay tuned!





Thank you so much for always stopping by to see me ~
your sweet comments are always treasured!!!

Wishing you a beautiful Wednesday dear friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn







7 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh those fabrics and laces are right up my alley Dawn!
Well I thin much like you my friend. In fact I haven't even joined Pinterest. There are so many social media networks these days to choose from but I think I must be an old fashioned girl enjoying all things vintage and the simple life.
Sending hugs,
Xox Suzy

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Love your fabrics and laces.

I like blogging too and have not gotten into FB or Twitter.

Happy Creating in your newly done space.

FlowerLady

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

I'm with you on your thoughts on why we blog - to share a little bit of what we love, make friends, and possibly introduce an unknown to our little business that helps us make ends meet..........and also, for me, to hook up spiritually with like-minded God-loving souls. ♥

Your teaser sachet packets are gorgeous, everything you make is stunning, Dawn.

Hugs.

marda said...

I so love "visiting" with you. What you say and what you create always resonate with me. Your new sachets will be just lovely.. what wonderful fabrics etc. Take care.

Little Birdie Blessings said...

My heart just skipped a beat when I saw your little girl with the bird. Then it skipped another when I saw your lavender sachets. Thanks Dawn for all that you share. You're a blessing. ~ Abby

Rustique Gal said...

Dear Dawn, I LOVE Your blog! You never fail to inspire me. These fabrics remind me of the pile of sweet vintage pieces from my Grandma's sewing box that I have languishing on a shelf! So, Thank you for being there for us for all these years! I am so glad I "met" you. I believe you were the first to comment on one of my posts!
I have really cut back on the blogging, as I don't have the time to do it these days. Who knew that I'd be this busy after "retiring!" But I will always keep up with your sweet blog! Happy posting!

Deborah Montgomery said...

wow, that's a lot of posts! I only just passed the 100 mark. I love the beautiful fabrics and lace you show. It is easier to work when one has the space to lay everything out. I'm trying to get organized in that area.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...