Sunday, August 3, 2014

Old linens and ticking ~


Some things just look beautiful together, don't they?
I've had these fabrics and linens laying together for quite a while now...
just waiting for me to do something with them.

I knew that I didn't want to cut the linens up though.
They have a few light stains but I'm a weirdo and love that about them.
It shows their age and gives them character.

So what I decided to do was make small pillows
that would fit inside the pretty linen pieces!
I also wanted them to have a lavender sachet inserted inside
so I made a pouch of about 1 1/2 cups of fresh lavender buds
and inserted it right into the center of the small pillow.
They are loosely filled the rest of the way with soft poly fil
and then sewn closed.
And I guess you know I had to had a little seam binding too!

They've both been listed in my Etsy store if you'd like to take a look ~













I just can't believe school starts here tomorrow!!!
Noah will be a junior in high school and little Clara is starting kindergarten.
Time just flies by, doesn't it???
Our schools start early because every six weeks they get a whole week off
and two weeks at Christmas. It really works out great for the students and teachers!

Now if I can just get up early...ugh.
Happy Monday in advance precious friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn






9 comments:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

So fabulous! Love the ticking and lacy linen together!

Debi said...

Dawn those little sachets are just so pretty! A perfect combination of fabrics. I love them!

Karen B. said...

My sweet Dawn,
yet again so lovely!
Many hugs,
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

suziqu's thread works said...

These little cut lace and linen sachets holding lavender are just adorable Dawn!
xox Suzy

Deborah Montgomery said...

these are so lovely Dawn. I'm going to take a peek in your store right now.

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Hi Dawn these are gorgeous!!!!!!!! You have inspired me:)\~Debra xxx

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Oooh, they are so pretty, Dawn! They will go fast (if they haven't already)!

Olga Siedlecka said...

Oh la la!

Jen said...

They are so pretty sachets of linen and lace .Will be lovely to display.You have adorable grandchildren and a handsome son. Also a lovely Mimi that cuts hair for them.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...