Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A tiny treasure ~


I've always loved small things,
I can't help it!

I found several tiny drawers a while back and
had to buy them.

I think they must be from an old jewelry chest
or something because
they aren't too tiny but are very small.

ANYWAY...
I created a teeny nest assemblage inside one of the drawers.
It stands a mere 4 3/4" tall ~
First it was painted then antiqued and lined...
and then I added
a store-bought nest inside.
I embellished it with the smallest speckled eggs and
fluffy feathers as well.

A dear friend of mine purchased this and I so hope
that she loves it!!!!






I lined the interior of the drawer with beautiful birch bark wrapping paper
that I found at TJ Maxx....
the tiny pieces of the puzzle come together to create
a precious keepsake for my dear friend!!!


Wishing you a beautiful Tuesday,
hugs and love,
Dawn





11 comments:

Karen B. said...

My sweet friend,

this is so beautiful! I love it so much!
Much love and many hugs,

Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Sandi said...

So beautiful Dawn! She will love it. :)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Beautiful, Dawn! Sometimes the smallest things are the nicest. : ) I love the "nest" label you added, too.

P.S. Did you get my email?

Theresa said...

Love that tiny treasure:) Enjoy your day dear friend! HUGS!

Unknown said...

oh this is so sweet! you and nests....they just "go together." i'm sure your friend will adore this. happy day! ;)

ekewin said...

Adorable. Are you making anymore like it :)

rkramadh said...

This is so cute! I saw a sort of 6" high shadow box at a thrift store yesterday and I thought of you immediately. I want to make an assemblage inspired by your creations for my home but didn't buy it in the end...hm...should've :) Thanks anyway for sharing this beautiful piece.

Rhonda said...

Oh Dawn, it's perfect! You have captured nature at it's finest.

Margie said...

This is just so sweet - I love it. Margie

Okio B Designs said...

Love this! So dainty and adorable. =)

Jeanine

Jann said...

This is just so beautiful, Dawn! You are amazing!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...