Friday, March 28, 2014

Simple ideas make beautiful gifts!


I shared this post a few years ago and when I took a look at it again
I thought it would be such a wonderful thing to create for wedding favors!!!
Or you could make these gift cones for baby shower favors as well ~
and since it's Spring...wouldn't these be wonderful to make
as Easter favors filled with goodies for your guests????
Here's my old post....it was from around Christmas, so keep that in mind!!

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

Well, not everything turns out to be a great idea...
this raggedy garland might look OK if it were about five times more full and fluffy....
the spray glue kind of matted it up a bit too ~
I guess you can't glitter EVERYTHING!




BUT....now I've decided to try this....please tell me what you think ~ will it look like a bride if I use ivory tulle as garland?? I love the ethereal look of it and I'm thinking it will be just what I need ~
now I need a Michael's coupon!




Here's a mini-tutorial....kind of a mini version of what I sell in my Etsy shop ~


A Victorian Cone Ornament

Supplies needed to complete this project:
• Embossed, paintable wallpaper (from Lowes or Home Depot)
• Fabri-Tac glue, it bonds quickly (Wal-mart carries this)
• Elmer's Spray Adhesive (Wal-mart)
• Brown acrylic paint or antiquing solution (Folk-Art brand is at Michael's or Hobby Lobby)
• Paint brush
• Scissors, hole punch
• Clear glitter, Martha Stewart Ultra Fine and Diamond Dust (Michael's, use a coupon)
• Ribbon or seam binding, a couple of buttons and a vintage earring that matches
Pattern or template printed out from this post....look at the bottom paragraph for the link:
http://www.brendawalton.com/blog/2007/02/sweet_treats.html



Place pieces good side down in an old box and spray back sides with spray glue. Press together to form a bond. Now both sides are pretty! Punch holes as on the template.


















Another beautiful Christmas goodie for our tree!!!
I won't leave the lace and seam binding inside but you get the idea ~
how about a bag of candy wrapped in the tulle and stuffed inside
with a little puff coming out the top??

If you don't have some of these supplies,
use what you do have. Scrapbooking paper, newspaper, old sheet music...
even wrapping paper, you can sandwich a piece of cardstock
in between the layers to stabilize the paper better.
I love creating things with what I have on hand!





And last but certainly not least, the wonderful winner of the Food Network Magazine
and the little snowguy ~ Pea of Pea Picker's Primitives ~
thank you all so much for entering!



The sweet snowman ornament is NOW a tutorial you can purchase
in my Etsy shop!!!





Wishing you all a great Friday dear friends!
xxoo, Dawn


6 comments:

Theresa said...

SO pretty! Love that little snowfella too:) Enjoy your day dear Dawn, HUGS!

Vee said...

Would make lovely May Day favors or Mother's Day favors...lots of churches are planning Mother~Daughter Teas, etc.

auntiejenni said...

dawn--i can't get either of the links for the template to open. is there any chance you could mail that lovely thing to me please? angelheartcottage@comcast.net
thank you so much for always being an inspiration....
always. jenni

auntiejenni said...

dawn--i can't get either of the links for the template to open. is there any chance you could mail that lovely thing to me please? angelheartcottage@comcast.net
thank you so much for always being an inspiration....
always. jenni

Deborah Montgomery said...

I love this! I'm going to book mark this, and see what I can do! thank you Dawn!

2ne said...

This was a great idèe - thanks for inspiering me :-)


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...