Thursday, February 27, 2014

A few new projects ~


I've had a few ideas on my mind...
one is a special request from a sweet customer and
the other?
Something I just want to try!
First...some sweet images for you:









I had a dear customer of one of my needle books want a crochet hook book
to keep her precious crochet hooks safe that she'd inherited from her family.
Well, I have a few crochet hooks of my own,
so I've managed to create a pattern.

She wanted it to have the look and feel of my needle books as well ~
So I pulled out the crochet hooks that I've collected over the years to
use as a gauge for sizing the pockets for her crochet hook book!





I'll be sure to share with you the finished book...and I so hope that she loves it!!!





Another idea that has been cookin' over here?
Using these wonderful, old gloves that I've collected over the years
to make a few BEAUTIFUL fairy shoes....
the leather is ultra thin and is preciously aged.
I actually printed out my own fairy shoe tutorial out just to make these!!!
They will be very white on white...with beautiful aging as well ~
stay tuned to see how these babies turn out!!!!






I so love being creative...
And most of all?
I love sharing it with you!!!

Happy Thursday dear friends ~
hugs and love,
Dawn





12 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh girl, creating beauty is what you do so well! Can't wait to see those gloves transformed:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Those fairy shoes are just so sweet, Dawn!

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh my heavens, you are one creative and clever lady! Fairy shoes...oh so beautiful, can't wait to the end product!
Have a great and creative day!
Nancy

DD's Cottage said...

Love the Fairy shoes! Very creative you are.

Vee said...

Have fun with all your projects. I have a suggestion for the crochet hook caddy. I made one for mine and if it isn't upright, the crochet hooks all fall out. When I made the second one, I made sure that there was a little that went down over the top and secured with ribbons so that couldn't happen. Just a thought! Have a lot of fun!

Elderberry Dreams said...

The fairy shoes are going to be adorable. You can't get more authentic than using those gloves to use for the shoes. Can't wait to see them!

Bebe said...

Hi Dawn,
It's been awhile since I've been to visit with you here on your blog, but that doesn't mean I don't love to see what new crafty things you've designed! Girl, you are so talented to put the gorgeous things together like you do ~ I am always amazed! Hope Spring will be good to you ~ it won't be long until warmer weather (down where I am on the coast it has been in the 70's for the last week, so I'm sending it up your way :).
Hugs, Bebe

FredaB said...

Hi Dawn

What a clever idea to make the little shoes out of the old leather gloves. You always amaze with your great ideas and you do follow through.

I will be waiting to see these.

Hugs
FredaB

Paper Profusion said...

Oh I ADORE the shoe!! What a treat! Nicola x

Deborah Montgomery said...

what cute little shoes -- an adorable way to use the gloves.

Nancy said...

Such Great Ideas! Thank you for sharing them and the Images~

Have a Great Week end~
Huggs, Nancy

Rustique Gal said...

Oh, Goodness! More fairy shoes, and these will be delightful! I also love the idea of the crochet hook book. I need to get my sewing machine set up in my new studio to be and try some projects of my own!
Thanks for the inspiration, Dawn, and I hope Spring is coming in for you there!
Hugs,
Sherry


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...