Tuesday, April 23, 2013

To my precious friends ~




A Friend's Greeting

I'd like to be the sort of friend that you have been to me;
I'd like to be the help that you've been always glad to be;
I'd like to mean as much to you each minute of the day
As you have meant, old friend of mine, to me along the way.

I'd like to do the big things and the splendid things for you,
To brush the gray from out your skies and leave them only blue;
I'd like to say the kindly things that I so oft have heard,
And feel that I could rouse your soul the way that mine you've stirred.

I'd like to give you back the joy that you have given me,
Yet that were wishing you a need I hope will never be;
I'd like to make you feel as rich as I, who travel on
Undaunted in the darkest hours with you to lean upon.

I'm wishing at this special time that I could but repay
A portion of the gladness that you've strewn along my way;
And could I have one wish this year, this only would it be:
I'd like to be the sort of friend that you have been to me.

EDGAR A. GUEST





I'm always so very thankful for you stopping by to visit my blog!!!

Wishing you a beautiful Tuesday dear friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn




13 comments:

Vee said...

That is a great poem. Dawn, you are among the most generous and dear bloggers in Blogdom.

I'm off to find a picture of your little grands to direct a friend to. She received one of your lavender sachets because your grandson and her husband share the same name. ☺

GigiBeth said...

What a lovely way to start my day! Not only are we friends, but we get to be family, too! Love you much!

Theresa said...

Sweet poem and right back at 'cha! Have a blessed week dear friend, HUGS!

Dawn said...

Thanks, Dawn.
D xo <3

Okio B Designs said...

You are a beautiful person!

Jeanine

Robin said...

What a wonderful poem and such sweet images. Have a great day and wonderful week.

Hugs,
Robin

Unknown said...

how lovely...made me smile! merci dawn! ;)

Steelydawn said...

Wonderful poem....great way to wake up with my morning cup of java.
I love all the pictures...birds...town...market...etc. Please keep them coming. I have relatives in Ireland but I think in and around County Clare.
Thanks for giving us this great day!
Linda Jones (CST)

suziqu's thread works said...

I'm just giving you back some of the joy you have given me when visiting you here time after time!
Thank you dear friend!
With love and hugs from me!
Suzy

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Beautiful poem, beautiful images. Thank you Dawn for your kindness and generosity. ~ Abby

Barb said...

Dear Dawn
You have a beautiful soul! You've truly been a blessing to so many, including myself. I look forward to each and every post you make. Thank you for the heart lifting poem and wonderful images along with all your generosity!
I send you hugs and love as well!!
Barb Gould

Unknown said...

Happy day to you!

Faye

Terri Morse said...

Thank you, Dawn, for making such a warm and inviting place to come to. You bring such cheer to so many lives. Have a beautiful day. -Terri


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...