Monday, April 22, 2013

The river of creativity...




Sometimes the river flows at full force ~
rapidly moving...overflowing the banks even!

But sometimes, it's a simple trickle and guess what,
there's just nothing, nothing at all you can do about it.

This life we live takes over and sometimes it just doesn't happen
how we planned it out in our heads!

Anyway ~ I did finally finish these two sweet "flea bags"!
One is already sold but the other has been listed

I've used gorgeous old wedding lace, more vintage laces and doilies...
antique buttons and even a vintage watch face with tiny pearls!

They are such a wonderful size, perfect for slinging across your chest
and hitting the antique market!!!!












So how's your river flowing these days???

Wishing you a beautiful, creative and wonderful Monday precious friends ~
hugs and love,
Dawn






18 comments:

Hennie Kloppenburg said...

Beautiful!
Hennie

Theresa said...

Gorgeous creations:) Have a blessed week sweet friend, HUGS!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Dawn! I love the lace and embellishments you added to the front. My creativity has been on vacaation in California this past week. : ) Now that I'm home, I'm looking forward to getting a few things done that I've had in my head all week.

marie said...

Very pretty Dawn...your work is always so beautiful!

Lorrie said...

Really well done and gorgeous, Dawn!

Shirley Pando said...

Your purses are absolutely gorgeous! I love the little clock face...wonderful detail!

marda said...

Your bags are simply beautiful Dawn.

Anonymous said...

Oh Dawn! Your creations are just beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing them with us, they are true inspiration :)
Warm regards from Mexico

At Home in English Valley said...

You inspire my friend, but we finally had a spring day. I painted outside a few things that needed a fresh coat. I sewed through all of the sadness of last week. Now I really need the sun. Your bags are swoon~worthy! Keep on rolling on that river of creativity! Love, Penny

suziqu's thread works said...

There's not a lot of things more beautiful than layers of vintage lace adorning a special creation and these are just that Dawn - they are gorgeous!
Big hugs,
Suzy

Vee said...

Oh so glad to see the final outcome. How lovely they are!

hariette petersen a.k.a. SelahV said...

so pretty...

Becky P. said...

Beautifully, detailed work, as always, Dawn! So, so pretty:)

Barbara Jean said...

gorgeous!! as always. =)

be blessed,barb

KAM said...

Dawn...These purses are terrific...so lovely, wonderful use of lace and the construction, well it is perfection.
Kristin

Dorthe said...

My dearest Dawn,
your bags are the most beautiful ,and lovely bags, so wonderfully embellished with all the old laces, and your workmanship is absolutely amazing, and so wonderful.
They are treasures to take care of for many ,many years- little beauties to love wearing!
Love and hugs,Dorthe

Barb said...

Dear Dawn,
Your creations just get prettier! I can't wait to see what you do next, keep them coming.
Bless you,

Barb Gould

Rustique Gal said...

Dawn, those flea bags are just adorable and too sweet to flea! I'd cry if I got dirt on them. I love em!

My river is dry at the moment. But I can just feel a flood getting ready to come on me! Hopefully I'll have something to post about it soon.
Hugs,
Sherry


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...