Friday, January 25, 2013

Loving the texture...


I'm such a nut.
I admit it!
I had to run to Hobby Lobby and Michael's the other day
to pick up a few supplies and of course to spend my birthday gift card...

Well, I bought about 4 yards of muslin.
I love prewashing it before I use it
so I threw the long cut
of fabric right into the washer.
After it was finished, I pulled it out
and it had wrung itself into one long twisted piece!
No, I don't have one of those fancy front loading washers ~

ANYWAY,
I began to untwist it, but as I did,
I thought it was so beautiful!!!
I tossed it into the dryer and dried it that way...
If I need it straightened out I'll press it but
I've got to think of a way to use it this way too!!!







I'm restocked on lavender buds now too!!!
Now I can make a few more sachets with the beautiful graphics :)




Here's some sweet finds from Michael's...
See the paper in the back?
It's a Tim Holtz pad and it was on clearance for 7.99!!!


Those tiny boxes are small playing cards!
I thought they were cute and four boxes came in the package,
I've already given Noah one :)
The journal was five bucks and
I loved those aged metal eye screws for artwork.


And believe it or not, this tinsel trim was
in with all of their new spring stuff!!
I just had to get it...the roll alone was so beautiful
but I'm sure it will come in handy next Christmas.





Love these...they look so pretty on the sachets!




Love to use these on artwork...I've got to get busy and make something new!




Here are a few pics of the Tim Holtz papers ~






I recently made these angel wings for a special order...




And guess what???
The new issue of Mollie Makes is now available in the UK
with my little page featuring my studio!

My sweet friend Leigh, who writes for them, sent me a pic of the page in the mag...
it won't hit the newsstands here for a few more weeks or so.

Goodness, the studio looks like a wreck in these pics...
but they chose from large selection of photographs!




So....if you're new here from the magazine,
WELCOME!!!
I'm so very glad you dropped by and I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Wishing you a beautiful Friday dear friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn





24 comments:

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

I love your finished product at the end.. I want to show the world those girl .. YOU are so talented. I love visiting your blog... Have a blessed weekend

Barbara Jean said...

Fun post Dawn.
Great finds at Michael's, and LOVE the twisted muslin.

be blessed sweet girl
barb

Karen B. said...

Hi sweet Dawn,
I just saw the garland yesterday and I have to have it too! Love all your other great findings and congrats on being published in the UK!!
sending you much love and hugs
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

The Old Parsonage said...

Alright, you twisted my arm I'm headed to our Michaels - hope that they have some of your goodies!

Love the look of the soft muslin too!

Leann

Theresa said...

I should just give you some money and let you shop for me! You always find the cutest things:) Congrats on being published! Your talents are being recognized and that makes me smile! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Congrats on the magazine feature, Dawn! Love all your finds. I can't believe the Tim Holz paper pad was on clearance. I always check the papers and embellishments when I am in both stores to see if anything is even on sale. That's when I like to grab them up, even if they are not on my list!

Vee said...

Hope that you have many new visitors as a result of readers enjoying that magazine. I happen to love that photo of your studio!

Ohhh you do think out of the box; however, you are so right. That fabric looks amazing that way.

Suzan said...

How wonderful that you made it in the magazine!! FUN!!

Lady of the Woods said...

how lovely that you are in a magazine! that must feel so magical?! I love the muslin all twisted and krinkly I do the same too, and sew with it like that. fun!

At Home in English Valley said...

Hi Dawn, Love the Tim Holtz paper, something about the brown craft paper that makes me swoon. You do find the coolest things when you shop. Muslin and osnaburg and dropcloth fabric make me think of you. You are inspiring, using simple materials to make the most beautiful things. Have a great weekend my friend. Love, Penny

Kelly said...

Hi Dawn! Fabulous finds at Michaels! I love that store but the closest one we have is about an hour and a half away. Hobby Lobby is my second home! And OH MY GOSH! That Tim Holtz paper is to die for! You have just inspired me and I am so happy! Your work is beautiful and congratulations for your magazine article! You have a great weekend! Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Kelly x0x0

Nancy Hood said...

Oh Dawn, your talent knows no end :) and your heart is so large to include so many of us. Thank you for these years of 'knowing' each other and being so supportive of me. I love looking at your creative items and reading of your precious family. May 2013 hold many beautiful surprises for you, along with answered prayers and moments of laughter. And if you're ever in Gulf Shores, you have a home to stay while you explore the sea, surf, and our wetlands :)
much love,
Nancy

Createology said...

Great new acquisitions from Michaels. Your studio in Mollie Makes looks productive and creative. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

Elderberry Dreams said...

Great finds at Micheals ~ loving that tinsel ribbon. That lavender smells so amazing, and I just love the sachet I bought from you! Congrats on the magazine article. You are so deserving of every good thing that God sends your way!

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Great finds Dawn. Nothing like a birthday gift card to help make some purchasing decisions. Congratulations on being featured in the magazine, I clicked through a couple times and it was large enough that I could read it. Have a wonderful weekend. ~ Abby

ByLightOfMoon said...

Great Finds Dawn, I so miss living close to those lovely stores like Michaels, JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby!
I love the crinkled look too of your fabric and I am not one to iron anyway!

You are so inspiring and Congratulations on the article in Mollie and Me. I saw it on her facebook post!

Smiles, Cyndi

Dawn said...

I have been looking for tinsel like this for a long time. My mother in law had used the same tinsel for like ever...(she and her husband have been married for 65 years) It finally gave way. She asked us to find her some just like it and have not been successful. Glad to know it exists! Will be looking for some to give her. I know she will be so happy!
Thanks, Dawn.

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

I am sure you will make something beautiful with this wrinkled muslin Dawn! I have seen that tinsel, and I have to go back and use my coupon to get it. Love it!!

Hugs,
Debbie

MoosesandMeeces said...

You won a give away at Just Lilla - please send her your address!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Congrats Dawn! Now that's pretty darn exciting stuff.... I love Mollie Makes and your studio is always just perfect. :-)

Your finds look yummy... as ALWAYS! I think I'm going to have to buzz by Michael's on the way home from church tomorrow. I almost never go there... choosing JoAnn instead, but a few weeks ago I stopped by after my JoAnn stop and actually found their prices were BETTER... even without a coupon.


Huggies!

Spencer

Junkchiccottage said...

Dawn,
You come up with the cutest stuff ever. So crafty.
Kris

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What great buys!! I bought pink tinsel trim like that at Micheal's on clearance in the summer but the best buy was at Sam's Club...
28 yards in a row of tinsel trim on clearance for $3.91!! I bought 4 rolls. green, gold, red, gold/silver!!!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Di@Cottage-Wishes said...

So happy for you! Those wings are beautiful. Di@Cottage-wishes

Pendra said...

I think muslin is one of my favorite fabrics, when I look at yours crinkled up, wouldn't it make beautiful curtains or a bed skirt...if it would only stay that way! Love your angel wings by the way!!! Congrats on your studio being published...I can see why, it's gorgeous!
Hugs,
Pendra


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...