Saturday, November 17, 2012

Something yummy and something sweet!


First, the something yummy!!
I've made these delicious biscuits for years now...
they have always been a Christmas morning favorite for our family ~
And whenever the boys would have company over,
I would whip up a batch for snacks and
they would be gone in a flash!
They're just great belly fillers and oh-so-tasty...

I found the recipe in an old Southern Living cookbook of mine years ago
and they really remind me of those Cheddar Bay biscuits that Red Lobster sells!
They're not so good for you but great for special occasions.

Here is the simple recipe:


Fast Goodies

2 cups biscuit mix (Bisquick or Pioneer, etc)
1/2 cup melted butter (one stick)
1 -  8 oz. container sour cream
3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated

(To have with your dinner,
add 1/4 tsp. garlic powder and 1 tbsp. of chives
and these taste like Red Lobster biscuits!!)

Spray cookie sheet or muffin tin (12 cavity) with Pam.
Mix all ingredients until combined.
Spoon onto cookie sheet or muffin tin and
bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
You can lightly brush the tops with melted butter
to make them really decadent too...

Enjoy!!









And here is the SWEET of my post!!!
We had a few precious visitors stop by the farmhouse today
and I just couldn't resist, I had to take pics of our grandbabies!

Just look at how growny little Miss Clara is!!!
Wearing little boots and all...
I love her beautiful hair, she's growing it out now.









There's that sweet pose again, the hand on the chest thing ~ LOVE!



We were having a serious discussion about coloring books....




And this sweet boy, baby Murray...
He's two months old now 
and growing like a WEED!!!
We snuggled and loved for a few hours ~



Just before they left Clara wanted to hold Murray and he just smiled and smiled!!!!
He's already such a happy baby, just like Clara has been ~
These precious grandchildren truly are blessings from Heaven!!



Thank you for always stopping by to see me
and for your wonderful comments,
I cherish each and every one!!!

Wishing you a beautiful weekend dear friends ~
hugs and love,
Dawn




29 comments:

Belle West said...

Awww!! Dawn, thank you for the recipe and how sweet your little grandbabies are. SOOooooo Precious. Give 'em some hugs and kisses for me. My girl will be 17 next month, so no grandbabies for me yet. God bless you!! {Donna} XOX

Finding Grace, Going Mobile said...

Dawn,
How refreshing to see a natural little girl who is just that "natural". A lovely complexion, a beautiful face, and no artifice. Almost every day I drive by Clara Street (here in town), and think of you and your granddaughter. Love your posts!
Blessings, Theresa @ Cottage Violets

Suzie Button said...

I will try the biscuits! I agree too on the grandchildren being a true blessing, I have just one so far but even if we stopped with her i'd be fine as she's just such a joy! Your grandbabies are just adorable too! Susan

Anonymous said...

She is too precious and looking at him makes me yearn to hold a baby again. Savor every minute!

Dorthe said...

UHHMM your biscuits looks so yummy, my dear Dawn- I don`t know if we can get that flour here, but if ..I would love to try-thankyou sweetie.
And Clara is so beautiful growing to look more lovely for each day.And that Murray is a cutie pie, so sweet and mild looking- you are truly blessed.
Hugs and love, Dorthe

teri said...

Love seeing photos of the little ones. My first grandchild is about the same age as Murray. I know how fast they grow, so I'm not planning to blink!

Theresa said...

Sounds yummy, I wish I had one right now:) Clara is sure growing and Murray is precious! Love those sweet smiles and I know you got some extra hugs from them both! Have a blessed day dear Dawn, HUGS!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love that last picture, Dawn! That's one to frame, for sure. I love the sweet smile on his little face and Clara looks very happy to be holding her little brother.

The biscuits look delicious! I used to love eating the cheddar biscuits at Red Lobster ~ until I had to go gluten free. Bisquick makes a gluten free version so I will have to give these a try.

morkaren said...

Dine børnebørn er vidunderlige, jeg er vild med det sidste billede hvor de smiler begge to, nyd dem de bliver alt for hurtig store. knus morkaren.

Suzan said...

I LOVE red lobster biscuits!! And your babies are adorable!! Adorable smiling baby photo!!

Vee said...

Such sweetness! Love that color on Clara...suits her to a T. Of course, Baby Murray loves her to hold him. That's plain to see.

Your recipe for Red Lobster biscuits includes sour cream...mine doesn't. Must try yours someday.

Susan said...

Dawn you are very blessed to have these two adorable sweeties!

Createology said...

Clara and Murray are just precious little doll babies. Thank you for the biscuit recipe...perfect for a cold very rainy day we are having. Blessings...

Jenny said...

Gotta try those quick biscuits soon, they sound tasty. Enjoys your gran babies.

Jenny

At Home in English Valley said...

Hi Dawn, For all the things I bake I've never made homemade biscuits, your recipe looks delicious! Speaking of yummy, those grand babies are he sweetest. Murray is so very sweet, and looks so much like Clara. Clara looks like the best big sis, yes, you are so very blessed Dawn. Love, Penny

NanaDiana said...

Dawn-Those bisquits sound lik the ones you get at Red Lobster-YUM.

Those kids are just darling and your Clara reminds me SO MUCH of our little SweetCheeks. She is just darling- xo Diana

marda said...

Thanks for the pics of your beautiful grandchildren..what sweethearts.

Cathy said...

Oh, such beautiful children! I never tire of seeing pictures of them! Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving, Dawn. Hugs, Cathy

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn,
I love those biscuits. Anything with cheese in it I love.

The children are beautiful and I know you are so proud of them.

Hugs to you this afternoon.
Faye

Charlene said...

Sooooooooo much to be THANKFUL for. And GRANDS are just grand. Enjoy every minute. I can't believe how fast they grow. Mine are 12 & 7... and I remember when Clara was tiny like Murray. Now look at her. Precious. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. HUGS!
Charlene

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing about your grandchildren. It's fun watching them grow with you. We are going to go see ours tonite for dinner - only about 1 hour's drive from here. I really need to hold two little girls!

Also thanks for the recipe. I have made them and you have reminded me how easy and delicious they are. Will try them again soon.

Have a blessed week.
Claudia

The Old Parsonage said...

Hi Dawn

Yes you are truly blessed - those babies are so beautiful! Thanks for the recipe - Flyboy loves those Red Lobster biscuits!

If you have time stop on by we're having a giveaway!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Leann

marie said...

The recipe sounds wonderful...and that last photo totally warmed my heart!! Grandbabies are so very precious!

Donna said...

They are just both darling! I can't believe how fast she is growing up!

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...


Hi... I am your newest follower.. And might I say ...LOVED it all !! I am a new blogger so I love seeing inspirational ones like yours... Stop by mine if you get a chance.. Would love to have you . I loved the ornaments that you did too.. Going to give them a try... HOPE that you have a blessed Thanksgiving... Love, your newest follower ........: )

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...



Oh and P.S. .. Those babies of yours are precious.... YOU have a beautiful family !!!!!!!!

Cindy said...

What sweet little angels!

Shopgirl said...

Dear Dawn, this is the magic of life, the gift we never really understand until it is given. Our babies, they fill our life with joy. My great grandbaby is on my face book, she is rockin out with her Dad, so darn cute, you will love it. Your, Mary

Pat C. said...

*swoons* The biscuits sound heavenly... thank you for sharing your recipe!

And your little darlings get more and more adorable all the time!! I still get tears in my eyes whenever I see sweet Clara's "signature" gesture with her hand over her chest. And Murray's smiles just melt my heart!

xoxo


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...