Friday, August 3, 2012

My little corner of the world...




(Noah when he was a precious newborn baby)



So, what have I been up to?
Well, in the "whatsoever thy hand findeth to do,
do it with all thy might" mentality...
I've been busy getting ready for a sweet baby shower!
It's a week from Saturday and
I get a little bit obsessed you know
but I just want it to be nice, that's all.
With a limited budget, it's really amazing what you can do!!

My mom, Dennis' mom and even my dear niece
have all volunteered to help me ~
I'm so thankful for them all!
My sweet sister-in-law offered her amazing pool house
for the location
(and believe me, it's not your typical pool house,
it's a massive room with tables, chairs and even a kitchen!)
The farmhouse is just too tiny to have these gatherings.

I'm not making a lot this time...
but I'm sure baby Murray won't mind :)
He just wants some warm clothes
and a few diapers to keep his tiny bum dry!
I will be baking cupcakes, making spinach dip and some tasty fruit tea ~
Dennis' mom is making homemade chicken salad with croissants...
our niece is bringing fresh strawberries
and marshmallow cream cheese dip.
Decorations will be simple...
helium balloon bunches scattered around the room ~

Clara will be coming to the baby shower too!
I had to buy her a little doll cradle and make a minky doll blanket for her.
I just want her to get into the "mommy" action and
maybe she can pretend a little as she sees Emily and Murray ~
plus it's so wonderful to include her in welcoming her new baby brother!






Logan (left), Noah's good buddy, and Noah (right)

PLUS...Noah starts school this coming Monday...HIGH SCHOOL!
We went to his Open House Thursday
and let me tell you, it wore me out!!!
We walked and walked and walked ~
we found all of his classes and he saw all of his buds,
he was totally in his element.
He loves people.
I guess you can't be the baby boy of four
older brothers and not be a sociable guy!!

Not much creative is going on around here
unless you count making baby things,
planning a little party
and shopping for book bags!!

I hope you are doing so good...
thank you always for popping in to see me!!!

Wishing you a wonderful Friday
and a very relaxing weekend precious friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn




12 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Sounds like wonderful life milestones going on...enjoy!

Pat C. said...

What a lovely shower it will be! I wish we could all come, too! (But you know that we'll be there in spirit!)

My husband and I will be spending the weekend with our daughter, her husband, and our two precious little granddaughters. Because of our health problems, we don't get to see as much of them as we would like to, so we are very excited about our visit.

All the best of luck to your own baby as he starts high school next week. (What a handsome boy he is!)

Little Clara will be thrilled with her cradle and doll blanket! And she will feel so grown up at the shower, in company with all of the women in attendance.:)

With love,
Pat

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Oh, it's going to be wonderful, Dawn! I'm glad you've got some help and a great place to have it. How very exciting to think the baby will be here soon!

Vee said...

Noah has shot up so...he looks more like an adult than a child. OOps...did I say that out loud? Well, good thing that baby Murray is on his way . Every family needs a baby.

Everything sounds as if it's coming along well...good organizational skills...it'll be a fun time for everyone.

Jane said...

High School already?! Wow! Doesn't school start awfully early these days? What happened to Summer?
Your baby shower sounds lovely. Isn't that Minky fabric something special?!

Vicki Boster said...

Oh oh oh--- Clara is going to be a big sister!!! ( she is SO adorable!!) I'm so happy for you all Dawn-- another beautiful babe in your family. I'm sure you will be doing plenty of doting!!!

School- already-- oh that makes me want to scream--- it's too early for school restart! I don't want summer to end---( mainly because I'm still working on the Harvest nests!!)

I'm truly so happy for your new baby news-- can't wait to see new baby pictures!!
Xo
Vicki

Lisa said...

Dawn,
Oh that party is going to be beautiful. You always put so much love & creativity into everything you do.
Can't believe little Noah is such a 'man'.
Lisa
Don't tell him I said that.

Shopgirl said...

Dear Dawn, this is going to be a great party. Love the pictures of Noah, what a cutie, very handsome.
I can hardly wait to see your brand new baby boy...you are going to have another little heart to love, Hugs, mary

Judy Ann Lincicum said...

When I saw that precious picture of the baby at the top of your post, I thought baby Murray had arrived! I just finished giving a baby shower for forty girls and it was so much fun. This little guys name is Noah and he's still not here either. Your decorations and menu sound just wonderful. They are alot of work, so glad you have help!

Theresa said...

I saw that sweet baby picture and thought oh my, had I missed it? I have been out of town for a week and a bit behind in my visiting! Sounds like the baby shower is coming together! Have a blessed week dear friend, HUGS!

Sandy said...

Oh Dawn, I know you must be so excited waiting for the arrival of a new precious grandchild. Clara will be a wonderful big sister I just know it. Enjoy spending time with Noah before school begins. Happy family times dear friend!

At Home in English Valley said...

Dear Dawn, When did your son Noah get so tall? Must be life on the farm agrees with him. I am so excited to welcome your new grandson. Clara will be a wonderful big sister...and a baby around the house sure brightens up a home. Can't wait to see your shower photos...everything you do has that touch that is elegant and beautiful. Take care and enjoy. Love, Penny


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...