Friday, July 6, 2012

Gettin' ready!!!




So I got a wild hair and decided the studio was in dire need of help!!!
Where Bloggers Create is one week from today and
I've been putting off changes that needed to be made SO
it is TIME!!!!

Having moved into this wonderful farmhouse almost two years ago,
you know I SERIOUSLY downsized my studio from
a two car garage to a regular bedroom sized room....but....
thank goodness I can take over the entire house with my stuff,
(thanks so much to my sweet husband who knows how I am)
so I've used much of the guest room for my overflow.
(and our bedroom, and our closets, etc.:)

I've found some wonderful pieces for the guest room
that house tons of supplies but hide them as well.
A couple of amoires are filled with supplies tucked behind closed doors
and that really helps so much. But I have been so tired of this:

See how the table is in FRONT of my fabric shelving???




Stuff in front of stuff!!!
I couldn't see my fabric or get to anything!



See how my stereo is in front of my fabric shelving too??





I've had to resort to closing the french door to the guest room
but you gotta do what you gotta do!

I'm still trying to find places for everything after moving things around.
It's going so well and I can't wait you share more with you next Friday ~

My next challenge?
To go through all the junk on these wire shelving thingies....
I really hate them you know ~
some supplies are better off hidden away in drawers :)




I hope you are doing so good and staying cool on these hot summer days.
We've had several scary thunderstorms here in Georgia lately,
but I'm so very thankful for the rain.

Wishing you a wonderful Friday precious friends ~
hugs and love,
Dawn




11 comments:

Dorthe said...

Dearest sweet Dawn-
I have alwayes loved your studio, --stuff in front of stuff or crowded, I think your room is one of the most amazing and beauifully cosy work places I have ever seen. You have the gift of making all look gorgeous, even with so many items to place.
I can`t wait to see your new arranged room next week. I will not participate myself, but take time to visit dear friends ,like you, and I know it will be a very beautiful experience, precious friend.
Wish you a perfect and happy week-end.
Love and hugs,Dorthe

Mosaic Magpie said...

ONE WEEK!! Thanks for the reminder! Looking forward to seeing your beautiful space!
Deb

Theresa said...

It looks like you have been really busy:) I can't wait for the tour of your studio! You inspire me with your creativity! It is so hot around here but we are getting daily showers and that is nice! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Oh my gosh how exciting!! Your studio is awesome girl!

Jane said...

It'll be fun to see what you do. I know it'll be beautiful!

Vee said...

Count me as one who has always loved the way you decorate your studio. I do understand that you are telling us that it isn't working for you to have things in front of things so I will be eager to know how you handle that. I have one of those wire thingies and find it wonderfully handy to pull anywhere. Fortunately, it has a little home under the work table where it isn't in front of something I am trying to get to.

Yes, your world is a beautiful place. There are lots of us out here who are trying to achieve your look.

NanaDiana said...

Dawn-That is a big job/undertaking that you are involved in there. It is looking so good. I desperately need a space makeover. It looks great- xo Diana

BECKY said...

Hi Dawn! I am sure your studio will be awesome in no time!! Just a few tweaks, and voila! Fabulous! I was hoping to have my new studio finished by the date of the party, but it's just too much. I just picked out the paint. So I'll just drool over yours and everyone else's for a couple of weeks until mine is all done!

Have a lovely weekend!
Becky

Ellen said...

Dear Dawn, your studio is soooo awesome. Love it!!!

Hugs and have a nice weekend,
Ellen

Shopgirl said...

Dear Dawn, I love this post...and that jar of buttons is really fun. I do not have a craft room right now. I have things stuffed here and there. I mostly craft on my kitchen table.When the upstairs are done??????? I will have some space to call my own. I can hardly wait to see the next photos of your craft room...big Hugs, Mary

ByLightOfMoon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...