Tuesday, June 26, 2012

It's time to create something wonderful!


Well, I think I've just about recovered from the trauma of the yard sale!
That's a good thing!!!
I really need to deep clean my house but
as an artist,
I know in my heart what comes first....
CREATING ART!

Here's a sweet baby for you...


For you to be able to save the LARGEST size of my images:

Right click on the image.
Left click "OPEN LINK IN NEW WINDOW"
Then....Left click the image AGAIN.....
you will now have the FULL SIZED IMAGE.
Now you can right click it to "save image as"
and save it to your own computer.






My art calling is a commission piece for my daughter-in-law's mom...
what exactly would she be called?
I guess there's no official name but guess what???
Her name is Dawn too!!! How funny is that?
I'm working on a piece for Dawn to give to her mother (Emily's grandmother) ~
she gave me a few photographs and a couple of embroidered doilies
that her grandmother had made.
The photos have multiple generations which is wonderful ~




I found a beautiful shadow box at Hob Lob
and love that I have some space to
add dimensional elements ~



Dawn requested this verse be used in the piece, isn't it wonderful???
That's baby Clara that Dawn's mom (Emily's grandmother) is holding ~




I'm sharing in-progress photos...there's still much tweaking to be done
and more elements to be added.




Wishing you a beautiful Tuesday my sweet friends!!!
hugs and love,
Dawn





9 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

I am happy to hear that you have salvaged yourself from the yard sale Dawn - you did really well!
Doesn't that make you feel a little lighter now?
Such a wonderful idea creating a collage with family photos and keepsakes.
So gorgeous!
Have a lovely week,
Hugs,
Suzy

Dorthe said...

Happy to read, you are on your feet again, sweet friend. And starting the week creating is like a new feast! A wonderful idea from Emily`s mother, to ask you create this beautiful kepsake to her own mother, it is alreasy so lovely, dearest Dawn.
Happy creating today,too sweetie.
Love and hugs,Dorthe

Elizabeth Maxson said...

You are up late! I was just about to click off and saw your wonderful comment. thank you for stopping by. I love your creation and how great is it that you get requests by your family to make things? I love that verse - one of my favorites.

Thanks for sharing - you are always so generous with your blog posts!
Big hug
Elizabeth :-)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a lovely piece, Dawn! I'm sure she will love it!

Createology said...

You must feel very honored to be able to create such a loving gift. The multiple generations are so special along with the personal doilies. Blissful...

At Home in English Valley said...

Hi Dawn, I stopped by to see what you are up to, and it's lovely, as always...but what I wanted to comment about was the time posted on these comments, 2:29am, 3:41am...when do you girls sleep? I know you're a night owl too! It's been a long time since I burned the midnight oil... you go girls! ;-). Love, Penny

Vee said...

That is going to be a sweet and meaningful piece. I know that it will become a family keepsake. Hope that you are feeling better every day with that yard sale behind you.

Rustique Gal said...

Dawn, What a pretty piece this will be, and with such deep meaning for generations to come! What fun to create something that you know will last and last!
Hugs,
Sherry

She Uses Her Words said...

Dawn, What a great way to use the embroidered doily! I just love those and have collected them for years. Thanks for a great idea!
xo, Karen


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...